Sunday, January 1, 2017

Opened boxes

Beautiful way to start the new year...everything pristine, all covered with snow that is still softly falling.  Love it!  thought I wouldn't make it to Church, even though we live real close, as I had to shovel a trail first.  Church was great and I was happy to see so many made it, from longer distances than my little jaunt.



So...today Terry sat guard, to beat any snakes hidden in the boxes!, and I opened them up.  There are two different types of creams, in small metal containers.  One front label reads- ANTI-AGING FORMULA hydrate*brighten*revitalize...anti-wrinkle moisturizing cream.  The other reads- SNAKE VENOM PEPTIDE CREAM -SynAke=reduces the appearance of age and wrinkles...anti-wrinkle moisturizing cream.   The contents smell a bit different from/than each other.  They both sort of look like milk glass...opaque. The snakey one looks more serum like.  Shinier.  Is it slithering?  Neither smells pleasant and yet they aren't stinky.

I put a match by one of the jars so you can see the size of the containers.  Remember I was charged $369.82 on my credit card before I got things squared away.  If I want another jar of magic potion creamy SynAke oil!  (their creative word!)  I can pay $94.94 for one jar like you see pictured!

I checked the Boots 7 label ingredients that I recently bought and yes, it has the miracle peptide as an ingredient.  Peptide seems to be the rage right now or maybe I'm just now hearing of it.

What to do?  I'm going to use up my Boots 7 cream and dabble in these 4 new ones and then go back to checking out Gold Bond!

I think as long as I keep my skin clean and moisturized...I will be just fine.  Skin ages...wrinkles come...life happens and that is okay. 

The best thing I can do for my skin (and it costs me a full 10% of our income to join up) is to live worthy of having the Holy Ghost!!  The best skin care package comes along with Church membership that the Lord has provided!!  Why do I search for something that I already have ready to tap into through living the Gospel the best I can.

I know I shared this favorite quote several times over the years, but I had to share it today and I made bold the skin care line! 


Elder Parley P. Pratt (1807–57) of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles taught the following:

“The gift of the Holy Ghost … quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands, and purifies all the natural passions and affections, and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use. It inspires, develops, cultivates, and matures all the fine-toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings, and affections of our nature. It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness, and charity. It develops beauty of person, form, and features. It tends to health, vigor, animation, and social feeling. It invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. It strengthens and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being.”





cream is in lower half of jar.  spendy stuff!!!


No comments: