Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Trudging along...

I awoke early this morning with the Hymn lyrics, Let Us All Press On, in my head. I let the lyrics run through my mind and eventually got up and read them.  Hymns are so strengthening and counseling with their concise/succinct mini-sermons. 

It was not suppose to snow today but it peppered down and went from looking like white rice and then eventually like powdered sugar being sifted on some baked goodness!  I even describe snow in food terms! 

*********************************

yesterday was really rough and early today I was hit with a food pyramid picture in an article in Desseret News which had a headline that read ...How the food pyramid is slowly killing you

Image result for new food pyramid 2016
I typed in food pyramid and there are more than you can imagine!

One spot said there are more than 1500 food pyramid memes for all sorts of  eating programs.  

*************************
A friend from years ago used to quote this, when she got overwhelmed.  I could identify with it yesterday and part of today!  I may be down but I will not stay down forever!

Fight on my men!
I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I'll lay me down and bleed awhile,
and then I'll rise to fight again.
                                                                                                            by Sir Andrew Barton

*************************

my soul sister!

*****************************


I stewed and thought and mulled things over and talked with Hubby and prayed and got very annoyed and irritated and frustrated....those sorts of unwelcome emotions abounded.  Finally getting a bit of sensibility, I evaluated my biking.

I said I would do it for a year.  I wanted better health, translated to more strength/endurance/energy.  I decided to do it 5 days a week/40 minutes each time.  On Tuesday I will have done 6 months.  one half of a year!  Technically I'm a few days away from the half-way mark.  I have more strength and endurance and energy than I did 6 months ago.  I kept my word.

Somewhere along that bike ride to no-where, it must have slipped into my mind, that on the 6 month of that effort, I would be svelte and have a new body!  Perhaps I was thinking that I'd be awarded some certificate of accomplishment for the 6 month endurance bike ride and then suddenly a crown of achievement would be bestowed and I would take off my bathrobe and be stunning looking in spanx!-- at some important community meeting or evening RS?  I'm not sure why I thought this was pending but that isn't happening on Tuesday so don't pay attention to any invites that show up!

I did tell you that I didn't miss any days, didn't I?  Oh, I remember I did.  Maybe a hundred times!?

This is what I do know.  I've been rewarded for the biking and it is what it is.  It's not going to give me any more than it has.  Oh, I can maintain where I am but really, things are going to hold and that is it. 

Even adding extra time, will have no impact, is my belief.  I do want more results though.  If I want more then I will have to do more but it will have to be something beyond or in addition to faithfully biking.  I will do it.  What is it?  I'm going to figure it out.  On Tuesday, after my ride for the day, I will officially take 2 weeks off of garage galloping on my bike.  A sabbatical of sorts.  I will refigure and regroup and then I will tackle another 6 months of doing it! 

********
Feeling peaceful at bedtime and thankful for the Gospel and the Holy Ghost and answered prayers, I look forward to tomorrow.

I peeked out the door and it is so very very cold, the snow mounds are bathed in the softness of the muted street light and the snow appears to be littered with glittering diamonds.  I wish I could take a true picture of it.  It's magical to see!






No comments: