Tuesday, January 10, 2017

snow...still

Very cold here.  VERY much!  Snow came down and looked like white rain.  Not sleet.  Not freezing rain.  Just poor visibility and snow drops.  Beautiful to see from the warmth and comfort of our little place.  So thankful that we are prepared to stay home and can do so.

************

Here are a couple of pictures from the two Sunday Snow Angels...so appreciated!
blurry!  sorry!



***********

The roads continue to challenge the City folks.  Looks like they borrowed some heavy equipment and bladed Carlsonia but the side streets, like our Edson St., are a mess.  They again created that berm and for two days now the mail lady can't get to the box.  Today she stopped and got out of her vehicle and was a bit irritated.  She told me to call the city...she can't deliver half the mail...she has to work twice as hard to take it back to the Post Office etc. etc.  Not a good day for her!

We agreed that on Fridays she will stop at our driveway, blast on her horn and I will go out and get the mail from her!  She then smiled and that made me smile also.

Calls to the city are not going to get side streets done and people continue to slip/slide/get stuck.  It will take a thaw to melt it off.  The equipment put all of the excess bladed snow on our corner.  I hope all drains are working when this thaws!!

In spite of that sort of thing...I'm enjoying this snow so much.  People are complaining of the snow and cold but this is a place of 4 distinct seasons and it won't be long and the conversation will be a bemoaning of 100 degree heat!

It complicates so many lives with school and jobs and appointments but right now I'm outside that arena and just making soup and baking bread and watching the action our the window.

**************
I've mentioned before how beautiful our Church is and it's my all time favorite.  I was heartsick to hear of water damage to it!!  Made me so sad!!  A friend of mine, picked me up in her 4-wheel drive vehicle and we drove up the 2 blocks to see the happenings. 

Feeling certain it would take forever to fix and we'd go to Toppenish and etc. etc., I was really happy with finding out it was a faulty sprinkler head!  The wonderful gal that was working on vacuuming said that we wouldn't lose any meeting time!!  The water was out in the hall towards Chapel foyer area. There were huge fans drying out the carpet and the only visible damage was a portion of the ceiling in the RS room adjacent to the kitchen.

there were fans all over!  (my friend)

love our RS room.

so thankful it can be fixed!

I can't tell you how happy that made me to hear we will be able to keep using our building!

*************
In spite of all the happy moments and the gratitude attitude today...I did have a meltdown about biking.  Next Tuesday will be 6 months.  Today I wanted to quit.  I checked the weather and found the warmest part of the day would be 2pm- 30 degrees.  So I said I would go then.  The cold and the garage temp. are not a problem.  It's all doable.  It was just me!  I just didn't want to do it anymore.  I even thought I'd take a week off.  I was really wheeling dealing in the midst of sniveling.  I was sick and tired of doing it.  At 2 pm I did go out and I did my 40 minutes and it seemed like 2 hours.  I even thought maybe the timer was stuck as it was cold in the garage.  I even held it in my hand to warm it up.  The time still drug molasses-like.  Taking forever. 

I realized that I've not ever enjoyed the actual doing.  I enjoy when it's accomplished.  I celebrate the doing and not what the doing has done!  Nothing spectacular has happened to me physically.  Yes, I'm stronger and etc. but I guess I was thinking at 6 months, I'd have a new body or something?  Well, it ain't a gonna happen.  I'm proof!

Very sad and disappointing on so many levels to realize that I am going to have to do more to get a healthy body and stop just talking about it.  I committed to do this bike-deal for a year and I dare not break that promise to myself.  I will slide down a slippery slope at the speed of sound if I don't keep my word.  Makes me angry and makes me teary and makes me feel like Ms.Scarlett...Fiddle Deedee-


A part of life is having the rug jerked out from under us.  That happened today!  I'm not wanting sympathy or eating plans or etc.  Just stay my friend and I'll journey on.  Quitting is not an option.  Tantrums?   Yes, adult melt-downs are allowed but quitting?  Nope.  Bawling and squalling are fine but carry on anyhow!!!!

************

No comments: