Saturday, January 21, 2017

MyLife

The weather continues to be reminiscent of past Alaskan days.  It's been 15 days since I went to the grocery store or anywhere for that matter (except for Church).  We are fine with adequate everything but I'm ready to have the roads and sidewalks reclaimed and available for use!  (I think sidewalks are so nice!  I've never lived with sidewalks before and it's a treat!)

fog hiding houses and trees!  
 ************

FB and computer stuff sort of crashed but at least it didn't burn!  I am so non-techie and it makes me feel both irritated and helpless when that sort of thing happens.  Hopefully it will hold for a long time.  I have no expectation that it won't have problems again.

************************

So....It was so difficult to ride these last few days and I still have 2 days left to make it to my 6 month biking goal.  My bad attitude made it drag along but opting out was not an option.  It had to be done and I'm almost there!

A few days ago I started my daily weighing.  First time in over 6 months that I've stepped on that bear trap device!!  I decided I wanted to get going on that before I formally start my strategic plan. Weighing daily and averaging weekly is the base of what I'm going to do.  Dawn arrived and I donned my birthday suit and stepped on.  Pretty much where I was last time I stepped on and vowed to never weigh again.  It's necessary for what I'm going to do so no since bemoaning numbers.  It is what it is and those numbers will help me lose weight and get healthy as I use those facts to my advantage. So 3 days into it...I decided that I was not going to enjoy, or have the patience to put up with changing clothes so much.  My solution...haul the bike in from the garage!

I was tired of looking at Costco stuff and Christmas stuff not yet put on shelves...it was cold and I neglected to have a flu shot this year (why?  just procrastinated!) and didn't want to be vulnerable to some sort of flu or a bout with pneumonia...Terry sort of ignored going out and using the bike...so it made sense to bring it in.  I did.

It's old and small and very simple.  Exactly what I like!  it works just fine without bells and whistles that I would never use anyhow!  I've enjoyed listening to BYU Devotionals.  And Terry used it also!


************************
Sometimes I promise the moon on what I want to accomplish and then I end up with egg on my face or run around like Don Quixote with a shaving basin on my head...singing The Impossible Dream.  Remember my make a quilt for every family member, 24!, by July 24th when we go to McCall for our family reunion?  Yes...that is me singing full voice...The Impossible Dream.  It's wonderful to think of how happy they all would be and happy I'd be and all sorts of great adjectives could be used but the truth of the matter is...it ain't a gonna happen!  I've overwhelmed myself and it is taking me down to the mat for a pin!  I told the family to grab a Kleenex and sob for the loss.

MyLife allows me to consistently sew in limited time spans but not hours on end!  Do good intentions...desire...love...and 8 quilts in process count?  Yes...if that was my goal.  It wasn't the goal so no counting.  A life lesson reminder for sure!  So in that sense...yes, it counts!




********************************
No keeping word on quilts for my world...especially since my biggest project right now is my health. Time consuming and on some level, mentally all consuming!  I continue to look forward to Wednesday and taking 2 weeks off of biking.  Now I'm not saying I won't do it...I'm saying I don't have to as I completed my goal that was shortened from one year to 6 months.  I'm regrouping and strategizing. So many subjects can be researched and I've enjoyed it.  I'm just about ready to start putting together my personal strategy.

These are some of the things I looked up....usually it was a question that I wondered about....best time to weigh...morning/night?...daily or weekly?  * top foods to eat for weight loss? *  best time to eat ....breakfast or wait until hungry?  * juices? * best exercises.  eat before exercise? how much exercise. * length of time for overall goal. * how much water and when * must follow WOW * average weight loss * morning drink...prune juice?  vinegar. * spices that help with weight loss....cinnamon *General Conference talks.  * scriptures etc. etc. and then to receive some guidance/confirmation/counsel from the Holy Ghost!  What an undertaking!!

********************************************

it has been very interesting and I'm optimistic and confident.  DO NOT DARE TO TELL ME THAT I HAVE A BARBER BASIN ON MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Impossible Dream
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
And to run where
The brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
And to love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far
To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march,
March into hell
For that heavenly cause
And I know
If I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart
Will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be
Better for this
That one man, scorned
And covered with scars,
Still strove with his last
Ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable,
The unreachable,
The unreachable star
And I'll always dream
The impossible dream
Yes, and I'll reach
The unreachable star
Songwriters: Joe Darion / Mitchell Leigh
The Impossible Dream lyrics © Helena Music Company


No comments: