Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Still cold out!

So cold out that it's crunchy walking on the snow.  I did the super short stroll, down the relatively snow free icy driveway and checked the mail.  It's been quite awhile since the mail box was available! Thanks again for Cliff!

I miss a wood burning fire.  Terry and I are still on good terms in spite of that not being a part of life right now because we weren't ready with wood etc.  He has always had us ready.  well, it won't happen again.  We will be ready next year! A wood fire warms you to the bone.  It's heaven.  Freezing stormy weather and a wood fire are priceless!

*******************

Some women get to be Mother's in this life and I'm one.  I just knew I'd have a family of girls.  all girls.  Wrong.  one girl and 4 boys.  She was right in the middle.  the youngest in the first set of boys and the older in the 2nd set of boys. 

She has brought joy to my entire life.  She was born a peacemaker and this was wonderful as the boys were all a combo of Viking/Gladiators.  She was a welcome relief!  She has no expectations of anyone except for them to be themselves.  She is delightful and I love her to pieces.  She was born to create and be an artist on so many levels.  I know I'm ohhing and ahhing about her but she is in Pennsylvania and I talked to her super early this morning right after her plane landed, for just a couple of minutes.  Just waxing sentimental over her as I'm wishing I could visit with her right now. 

I love my kiddos. the boys and the girl!  Today I'm reminiscing about the lone female!  Today is her birthday.

**********************

remember my stating I was going to make quilts for the entire kit and caboodle by July?...for our reunion.  I'm still on board for that.  I have changed how I'm doing them and have let go of making sure that everyone gets colors they want and doing all of them different patterns. 

I realized that I like old fashioned 9 patch quilt tops of assorted prints.  I also like flannel 9 patch  and I really love cabbage rose prints.  Vintage prints are gorgeous to me.  So...I dropped the polling- what are your favorite colors and your least favorite colors?  catering to custom orders?...gone!  Purchasing favorite colors/favorite prints?....gone!  I'm buying no fabric and will use what I have on hand.  At this point they will be patchwork patterns. 

Quite some time ago I ordered some fabric that was suppose to be vintage and was chosen to be compatible and gorgeous in a quilt.  I was very disappointed and realized on most of the packs I wouldn't have even bought any of the fabric.  The colors weren't anything that I would have chosen.  I didn't even like them.  I bought four packs!  No return. 

Today I pulled them out and decided to just start cutting.  I decided to trust the judgment of the packers.  The fabric is a high quality cotton and feels soft and lovely.  I had decided to start again in January so I'm on target!  These will be very old-fashioned as there will be no rhyme nor reason to them.  Just endless blocks sewn together!  I started cutting the brown colors. Not a lot of contrast but this is what they felt was great together so I'm going for it.  They look okay together so it will be interesting to see how they sew up. 

I'm not going to overthink and start pulling more fabric out of my stash.  Well...at least on this one.  Really I can't afford timewise to dink around.  I'm making way to many, in a short time span, so while sincerity and love will be sewn in, there is a strong possibility that personalizing and finessing and details of perfection will go AWOL!  As long as you don't mention it to any of them...it will all work out fine!  

9 colors for brown 9 patch

***************

So you have made a list of your desires and goals for accomplishments and overcoming and eliminating and etc. etc. etc.  This little short video will aid you in your goals!

A friend shared this great reminder to tend your thoughts.  He shares one very simple way to weed your thoughts.

One of my creed points is...I bring about what I think about. 

Enjoy the next few minutes here  I think it's 3 minutes or so.  come on!  humor me.  watch it.  Please.

Your Brain Has A "Delete" Button--Here's How To Use It
do they really think this is my brain???

No comments: