Tuesday, January 17, 2017

no party today!

One time in Homer our youngest son, about 10 years old, ran what is called the Spit Race.  He ran the long jutted piece of land at breakneck speed against all ages.  It was a brave thing to do!  That little guy ran 4.5 miles! 

We were waiting near the finish line for his arrival.  He came barreling along and saw us and relieved, ran into his Daddy's arms.  He was gasping for air and broke out crying.  His Dad was saying...Benjy!  Benjy!  You haven't finished the race.  The finish line is over there!  You have to go!  Run!  He was so frustrated, as others in that short stop of his, ran past him.  He cried his way to the finish line!

Now it's my turn!

Soooo...I get out my calendar to gaze on my marker of 6 months pedaling!  Circled and starred and just looking so smart.  I did a double take when I realized...NEXT Tuesday is my 6 months achievement!

For Pete's sake!!!  Now I have to bawl and squall and keep on my steel wheel for another 7 days.  You could not pay me to stop and say it's okay.  No way!  I'm finishing this in honesty!  With a smile?...doubtful but I haven't smiled daily doing it anyhow so that isn't a bad thing! 

Almost to the finish line!  I can do this.  I will do this.  I'm doing it first thing!

Painful to think how obnoxious I've been in my bragging which turns out to be a big fat lie!  Well, I'll right my wrong.  Don't you think it's an error?....changing calendars etc.  Truth is...I have it marked correctly...I had circled tomorrow and then scratched it out and made the real official one for the 24th.  I even remembered that it was sort of fun to think of celebrating 24 weeks on the 24th.

One more week! 

***************

We are almost finished with the Book of Mormon.  What a beautiful experience it has been to have it read to us and we follow along on the screen.  Terry says we will start over and I'm looking forward to that.



No comments: