Sunday, January 8, 2017

More snow...

This morning, with Church cancelled because of snow, I sat and watched it snow!  All snug and warm and comfy and thankful to be so comfortable.  The falling snow was barely visible and then it moved to snowglobe visibility and then to limited visibility.  When the snow showers were over and done...things looked marvelous all draped in white.  Then the neighbor drivers ventured out and I watched them spin and dig and shovel more snow and get more stuck!- that was just the road in front of our house!
***********

The goodness and thoughtfulness and kindness of people never cease to amaze me. I was surprised when two snow angels showed up!  Sisters that live nearby.  Friends of mine.  They swept and shoveled by the car and walkway.  What a lovely gesture!  So appreciated! 

Hmmmmm.  I keep trying to share a couple of pictures of them and it won't work!  I'll try later.

(later and I still can't get it work!!)  Drats! 

***************************

Terry and I continue to enjoy listening to the Book of Mormon.  What a great experience it is for us as a couple!  We have added the RS/Prst lesson about President Hinckley.  Plus he wants us to listen to the SS lesson.  He seldom, if ever makes it to all 3 meetings, so this is sort of us having Church at home!

***********************

We listened to Elder Nelson and his wife, Wendy, on the Devotional today and when he challenged the YSA to study about Christ and also past Prophets and on and on...it sounded overwhelming for a bit.  LDS.org helps to make ever single thing doable though in my opinion. 

True the Gospel will fill the whole/entire earth but that just means the doctrine and availability of membership will be available all over the place.  It doesn't mean that members will be all over the place.  We will be few in number.  We will be the minority.  No wonder we need to up our game in Gospel learning and be ready to shine a bit brighter and be ready to answer questions and share a firm testimony and accept callings and serve in those callings and not be lukewarm/embarrassed/ashamed.  The Church will be as strong as we are!

No more tossed about by every wind and doctrine!  We don't have to waste our time searching for truth.  We have it.  AND we don't need to find fault with the truth we have found.  We need to learn about the doctrine of Christ and His Gospel and live it because we love it.

 Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;....

Also remember...we are to become sister scriptorians!  I've said this before and still feel the same way!!  here I still want this!!
************

I could stay snowed in and be happy.  In so many ways my personal stage of life in this stormy weather is stress free (If I prepared the best I can for the weather!  and I did the best I could!).  Stress free because we have no appointments that we need to drive to (like a Dr. or the likes)...no job...no children at home so no one in school.  Pure luxury... of just the two of us and home security!--No leaky roof...no cold drafts indoors.  Plenty of running water and no frozen pipes.  Electricity!! Heat sources at the ready (yay for wood!).  Food to feed the masses.  AND a computer that gives me access to everything of value religiously to me at the click of a key!! Plus it puts me in touch with you!  Plus as much of goings on in the world that I choose to peek at.  Life is good! 





No comments: