Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Hooray!!

Surely if our town had a bell tower it would be ringing today!  If the sun was shining and grass was green and skies were blue and sweet scented lilacs blooming and tulips nodding...most likely there would be a parade, with lanky youth almost toppling while carrying and beating on bass drums...and majorettes in white leather boots, with tassels bobbing, throwing batons and waving sheet sized satin flags.  Fireworks in the evening and then MY moment as the announcer, the Mayor of the city, taps on the mic and does a sound check and announces, to the massive cheer from the crowd....

And now, fellow citizens...our citizen of the year!  Our woman of the year!  The winner of our SheDidIt Award!!... (and I'd nearly faint, feigning humility, as he called my name!!)  She kept her word to herself and today she completed her 6 month, 5 days a week, 40 minutes a day bike ride to nowhere!!

Yeppers!  today is my day of celebrating!  It's over!  I did it!  I did not end up trim and get hired by a modeling agency for FSFS (FormerlySuperFatSeniors) but I had that total meltdown and like the Phoenix I am rising!  Most importantly- I've had a marvelous brain shift and a new determination to get healthier, which does involve weight loss.  No matter how you call it or rationalize or whatever...there is no way I can be my healthiest when I'm hefting a lot of extra pounds.

I said that I was taking 2 weeks off my biking starting now. Yesterday I had a mindshift, longed for and dreamed about...I biked those 5 days a week because of my determination to do a specific measured amount.  I had to do it.  No less would meet the criteria and would be chalked up as failure to meet the goal.  Now?...a shift in thought!--I will continue to exercise because I want to not because I have to!!  There would be a headline in the National Enquirer and heard around the world if I was famous!  Woman Has Radical Mind Shift!!

I am amazed at how that shift feels!  I knew that exercise would need to be a part of me getting healthy but I really did think that I'd set a time limit etc. like the biking challenge I gave myself.  I'd already figured out my exercise options to choose from but it was a given, to do something, have it planned in detail to meet success.  Then that marvelous shift came and came the dawning, the light-bulb Aha! moment...I don't have to exercise!, I want to exercise!

That coincides simultaneously with...I don't have to eat healthy BUT I want to eat healthy.

The difference between the have to and the want to...not just words or some affirmation or mantra...I feel this soul deep.  It is real!  It energizes me to just think, I WANT.  It is exciting to contemplate what the end result will be.  True...I don't know exactly what the end result will be but it will be good!

My determination to get stronger and healthier through living the Word of Wisdom, in my own specific strategic way, is now my new challenge.

(not going to make you yawn by turning my blog into a weight loss journal etc.  Just a couple of days of acting all uppity health guru as I get on my new WOW quest. do your hear an orchestra softly playing the impossible dream?  oh, it's just me?  okay.  I'm doing my health plan anyhow!)

opened the window blind and saw this!! .....

Image result for pigs fly meme
Yes!




No comments: