Thursday, January 12, 2017

Gearing up...

In light of all my meltdown drama the last couple of days, a friend sent me this and I can't stop chuckling over it!!!  I find it hilarious!

Love it!!!

It is so sweet that people are concerned for me.  I appreciate that so much.  To the concern of some...I am still planning on parking my bike and propping it up against a wall and not going to ride for 2 weeks.  I will use that time planning what my next step is.  It will involve exercise with the goal of weight loss.  My bike goal was consistency for the 6 months (started out a year actually but as of now...saying it was for 6 months).  I wanted increased health with being stronger and more endurance and I did move ahead several steps but I'm way to big and I have to downsize.  So I'm figuring out what I want to do.  I know I will exercise and I know that I won't buy a piece of equipment or join a gym.  I also know that I will change how I eat but I won't buy into any specific program and spend money on joining anything.  That reminds me...those Paleo books never arrived and I will be sending them back when they do show up.  In a moment of weakness, thinking it was strength within to do the eating program, I ordered them!!  Why??????

Oprah is on the cover of AARP, talking about her new cookbook and how she enjoys cooking.  Come on!  Really? So she is telling that she most enjoys cooking pasta and mixing different things in.  Then she owns up to her favorite pasta dish is inspired from when she went truffle hunting...Yes, I went truffle hunting.  I'm a truffle connoisseur.  I am the only person you probably know who travels with my own truffle salt in my bag and something called truffle zest.  She bought 10% of WW and the masses she is trying to reach must really have the bucks to follow her tastes.  (My daughter loves truffles and it's certainly nothing I've given her.  Life on a cruise ship affords such luxuries with their fine dining...back in the day!) 

All of that nitpicking sniping at a rich woman to just say...I'm going to just eat real food and it will at best be from Costco and Cash&Carry local stores.  Oprah will miss me.  What!?  you think she doesn't give a fig about me??  Ouch.

Also...I will be weighing in regularly in this next segment of DeterminedHealth!  My least favorite thing in the world to do but it does seem sensible.  If you are trying to lose weight then it does make sense to see if you are losing and to adjust accordingly if you aren't slowly melting away.  a necessary evil!  the bathroom scales!

I did my 40 minutes today and will ride into the sunset and hop off my steed on Tuesday!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  by Albert Einstein

***************************
Today I was out shoveling the driveway and Loren drove by and stopped.  Go on in the house.  I'll come back and do this...he said.  No. I can do it...said I.  Being a MaleAngel he did come back.  I so appreciated his help.  My heart feels so tender towards him.  He worked much faster and did a whole lot more than my putzing along.  I could not have done all he did.  I'm so use to Terry doing this sort of work and I miss him being able to...not because of the snowy driveway but just the fact that he can't do it!

shovel from his boyhood!

Thanks so much, Loren!










No comments: