Monday, January 2, 2017

A Newness

It was icy cold last night when the windchill factor was factored in!  Cold enough that I couldn't relax without leaving a trickle from the tap in my bathroom.

This morning, I decided that I would bike and then shovel the driveway.  Yes, I biked but no shoveling.  The wind was busy drifting snow and the gigantic maple tree, in a neighbors yard, was howling.  Or was it wind that howls?  Either way...snow was drifting everywhere.  The side street acts as a wind tunnel and things whirl down the street and then veer into our driveway and that is what the snow is still doing.  It is beautiful though!

Plans to shovel will be delayed until things settle down.  The city has still not cleared the berm that blocks our mailbox.  It's a long berm and has a bottom of ice about 6 inches deep so it's not been something I can do.  The Zillah crew does not know how or have the equipment to manage snow.  Nice people but inept in this area of city care. 

A Chinook wind would be lovely.  Do Chinook winds happen around here?  I remember in the  cold Alaskan winters, as a girl, when a Chinook would hit and my sister and I would go play outdoors and love every minute of the warm breeze.  There was magic in playing in the snow in warm weather!  My kiddos were the same way.

My 5am viewpoint, of cold and darkness and drifting blowing snow brought back an avalanche of memories.  I remember ruddy cheeked children & the warmth of a wood fire & cooking and baking & reading books.  I remembered children sprawled on the carpet by the fire and me reading The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  And at Christmastime reading Stubby Pringle's Christmas.  Those are great memories to relive as my mind recreates those scenes from many years ago.

Beautiful!

I swept this off earlier. Needs it again!

***********

And now...here we are 2017!  A new calendar and another new year. 

I still believe in Creeds and to some extent we all have them...written or not...our personal code of conduct... some of mine are really embedded in my mind. 

Here are my goals from a couple of years ago!

So the summary is... (drum-roll!!!!)
Increased Health 
Clean Hearth-side 
Unconditional Love- for Family, Friends and Foes
Spiritual Growth 

So there you go.  No surprises listed.  I have bared my soul and shared my goals and I will check back about my progress January 1, 2016Yes.  In one year! 

I remember being on fire and wanting to write a book amongst other things!  Well, that never happened.  I do think those are good things to aim for.  This year though I'm going to approach life a bit differently.

I've tried to embrace my new and different life in taking on more of the caring of Terry and I.  It's been difficult on many levels, to realize on many levels, on many things, if it's to be-it's up to me.

To change and be at peace while letting some things go, is not always easy.  That will be on my mind for this year, along with....

This year...I'll continue to focus on increased health and strength because it is an essential part of my being able to take on more personal responsibility. 

This year...I'll focus on doing things in wisdom and order....reminding myself by small things are great things brought to pass...it's not requisite to run faster than I have strength.

This year...I'll remind myself to stop being so darned co-dependent!!

This year...I'll really work towards getting on track with the promises of my Patriarchal Blessing. 

This year...Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus--I'm going to dejunk throughout my life...inside me and inside my house!!  See any pigs flying by????  My sweet hubby says that I NEVER give-up!

Back at you in January 2018!!!





No comments: