Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Watched over

The wind just kept blowing and the snow kept drifting and then...out of the blue!...a male angel showed up!  Perched on his John Deere tractor and bundled up against the snow, he cut a swath and made a place for Kip's car when he gets home.  (he's out of town and worse thing for his back even if he was here- the motion of shoveling snow.) 

I ventured out and we exchanged waves.  When we could hear each other, I shouted/hollered/yelled- Please knock that berm down so we can get our mail!!  He smiled and gave me a thumbs up.  I stood watching him and just knew that he would knock that berm down in nothing flat.  Nope!  Not going to happen in one fell swoop!

He must have worked at least 1.5 hours on that monster!  I was trying to tell him to leave it!!...it's okay!!...it's alright!!  My words flew away with the wind!

I watched in horror as he got high-centered on that blasted berm!  A friend came by and they left to get a chain.  Got tractor pulled off and the work began again. 

Scrape...and push snow off and make a circle and kept gouging and blading and repeating it over and over. 

Then he did 1/2 of our driveway.  Got off and said he needed my keys to move my car.  He backed my car out and plowed the other side of the driveway.  Pulled my car back in and got out to hand me my keys and extract a promise that I'd not go on the icy driveway.

I watched him work and thought of Terry in his snow gear when he worked outside.  Something about the combo of the cold and the snow and the smell of that diesel engine and the noise just set me back in time to Terry's many years as a diesel mechanic in the cold of winter.  I couldn't believe that the smell, that old stinky smell, made me tear up.  I said...This really makes me miss Terry and the things he used to be able to do.

He sweetly smiled and said...I've got your back.

I really know this man.  I was his RSP for several years and it was a special time in a Church calling.  It was a busy, interesting and a great learning time for me.

It was all so tender.  Just the entire thing.  He brought a lot of sunshine today into my life.  Such kindness.  Such care.  yes....such love.  

My heart went out to Terry as it was tough on him to not take care of us as in years past. 

Bless your heart, Cliff.  Bless your kind heart.


Tractor stuck on the ice berm!

Loren pulls him out!  Thank you, Loren!!

round and round he goes.  Working and working!

Working on driveway!

revealing an ice rink!

He beat that berm senseless!

******************

I'm still studying about Grace and desiring to understand it more and have more of it in my life.  Figuring out how to access it.  I had to learn to access God through prayer and that is my approach to Gospel knowledge.  Study it out and give it a try!  Like Alma 32.  I've always been fascinated with the idea of Grace and I really want to learn how to access it.  I've blogged about Grace before and my desire. 

Elder Hamula gave a devotional talk in 2014 and then just last December 2016 a part of that talk was in the Ensign.  I am just loving the things I'm learning from him and looking forward to figuring out how to apply what he teaches and getting closer to understanding Grace and thereby experimenting with trying to access it!  His talk puts me a whole lot closer.

These two talks are incredible and coupled with other things I've been studying...these move up to #1!!! 

Find some quiet time and just sit down, relax and read what he has to say!  (a late Christmas gift from me to you!!)

 His Grace is Sufficient for You by Elder James J. Hamula 2014 here

The Divine Power of Grace by Elder James J. Hamula December 2016 Ensign   here











No comments: