Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Worth a thousand words?????

I have to add a note to the marriage blog yesterday.  My marvelous friend Tamera sent this as a part of an email in talking about the blog post.  I loved it so much that I asked if I could share it.  She said yes.....

We had the sweetest reminder to continue to have time with each other last night.  Friday is date night.  We were at Chuck Wagon for dinner.  As always, we sit on the same side of the booth, side by side.  We always have. I got up to fill my plate and this sweet woman got up and intercepted me.  She had tears in her eyes and was nervous.  She stopped me and said "I don't want to interrupt you or anything- but I have been watching you and your husband.  You are sitting next to each other and I can see you are in love.  I'm a widow, I wish I could go back and spend our time sitting next to each other.  So many of the world's problems could be solved if husbands and wives sat next to each other,  Married people don't sit together- teenagers do, not marrieds."  Norman got up and joined us and she repeated it all to him.  She was so sweet and sincere. How sweet of her to tell us. 

I think that is such a tender story!  thanks for letting me share Tamera.  I am so impressed that you make time, take time, make the effort to keep your relationship alive and healthy.  Inspiring!
*************************************** 

Welcome beautiful October!!!  I LOVE the changing of the seasons!!  The gentleness of fall and the magnificence of the colors and the softness of the temperature that just seems to caress and envelope me, is a bit of heaven on earth.  I don't want my old chairs put up yet but I know it's getting time.

Isn't this thought lovely?...

Then summer fades and passes, and October comes.  We'll smell smoke then, and feel an unexpected sharpness, a thrill of nervousness, swift elation, a sense of sadness and departure.--Thomas Wolfe

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No matter the season my heart is attuned to it but my actions are always out of sync.  Must be Terry's fault because he decided it was time to do this!....  seems off beat to me but he did it anyhow!...




+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Terry has a new challenge!  one that makes me sick to my stomach of what may happen in the fixing process.  I seem to attach the word love to anything I enjoy...people and yes, even objects.  I love my family and my friends and I love my small paved driveway.  It has been such a nice thing for a lot of years.

Our driveway is erupting!!!  is it some underground thing that will suddenly  have cracks and raises all over the place?  What roots lurk underground, causing such dismay to my heart.  Not only because of what it will most likely do to our driveway but also because this can't be fixed with Terry's duct tape (now you talk about loving things- he loves duct tape.  uses it as frequently as others taking aspirin on a regular basis.)

I showed him this....
 
you can't really see how raised it is!!  but it is!


 He tried to weigh it down with this...





Then I noticed he did this...




what next?  I'm scared.  He's thinking to drill a circle out and kill whatever has taken up resident.  Yep.  Me not having good vibes.  Will he keep increasing the blocks?  At least it centered itself.  I suggested putting a barrel planter on it and he vetoed that idea real quick.

What on earth crawled under there and has roots so strong as to cause this mess??


*****************************************

I'm taking on another project.  Long overdue as is my ineffective system for accomplishing most tasks.  I have ideas that are so over the top, so grandiose, for practically every single thing I want to accomplish in life.  I bypass the basic practicality of things, the simple, the simplicity of order and mentally go for something ready for Broadway! and there is never an opening night!  So in the realm of dreams beyond scope, like planning to scan all pictures, write about each one and make a movie with music and give copies to all of my children....and with the exit lane road markings of my life span starting to look sort of square and in a line!!... I decided to get practical and sort the pictures!  Reining myself in and not dreaming to big (is eventually scanning, writing, background music- over the top?  Is it hard to scan?  I can learn?)

So here is step one in my sensible practical plan of what needs to be done...sort/identify!!  My Aunt sent me these pictures when she was living + copies for my children!!.  note the word was living.  My niece, who is not at all like me, took my sisters set (she got one also!) and has put them on Family Search etc.  I also have lots of others that aren't from my Aunt.  

All of this being said and again, sticking my neck out there and declaring I am going to do this, and even I think this will prove interesting to see how far I really go with this simple plan.  Sorting and identifying the pictures.
Here is my first table full of super old pictures.... 




 I checked my index numbers.  It only took me indexing 4,370 names and I felt the inkling to start this project.  I think it did something to my heart and made me start to care about these pictures?  Uh-huh--thinking so.   

No comments: