Friday, October 31, 2014

Making progress!

Really thinking about the power of words.  Words that we say that wound.  Sometimes we receive and sometimes we give those wounding words.  Maybe, we don't even know how deep they go.  Maybe, we think it's not a big deal.  Maybe, we don't know that it's like we branded someone with pain that is so deep that it seems to last forever.  Maybe this is why the Lord wants us to forgive.  and along with it forget.  to dilute the power of what was said.  to obliterate it.  to allow the Atonement to wash over our pain and wash away the words?  Maybe.

Dixie and I talked today about pain.  We talked about incidents of words...words that had caused lasting damage.  We talked about the importance of letting go and healing.  The Gospel is for that purpose don't you think?

Going through these pictures and seeing a portion of my life unfold before my eyes, it brought up questions.  and pain.  Pain that I remember how I felt and she remembers nothing so she feels nothing.  My parents left us with our Grandmother and they went to Alaska to work.  To Galena?  To build after the war?   Was it 9 months they were gone?  Was it a year and a half?  How old were we?  Was I 5?  4?  Dixie- 2?

I will find the answers later on but not now.  a few years before my Mother died I interviewed her on video.  I asked her about that time of our life and for the life of me, I can't remember the details.  That is one of the reason I am sorting and sifting pictures... So I can put that video together, with the pictures, as she explained them to me.

Things got a bit overwhelming in the scope of sorting but I did get Greg's package off and also Dixie's.  Jeanee will be here in January and we will go through everything I've done up to that point.

me in pink dress!
loved seeing my parents & grandparents holding me as a baby!
Our family of 4.  My Dad at almost 3.

I was going to save all of this for our family reunion in 2015 but decided to share pictures now on the extras.

Today when I studied the Scriptures, I felt so thankful for the Gospel and the power there is in Scriptures/Conference Talks, that elevate thoughts and heal hurts.

No comments: