Thursday, October 30, 2014

Staying the course...

Sort of an offbeat Wednesday...Terry (my sweet guy) had some health struggles off and on....I went to a funeral and had to repent during the service for wanting a speaker to sit down and stop talking...  We had ordered chicken from Zaycon Foods and that had to be packaged for freezing....It was the Halloween party at the Church (decorations were gorgeous!!).  I didn't go but took some chopped nuts that I'd signed up for...thought about all everyone else accomplishes, those I am even barely acquainted with or really know, and all the things they accomplish in the course of a day or a week or hey!, their entire life portfolio, and my Co-Dependency just oozes out my pores.  Co-D's compare and feel inadequate, less than etc. etc., when they are acting out.  Do I need some sort of intervention?  Co-d's have to intervene in their own behalf!!  As Scarlett O'Hara said in Gone with the Wind....Fiddle dee dee.  I'll think about that tomorrow!

Obviously I have a lot on my mind tonight but it's to late to make any sense of what I'm thinking of!
*********************************

I'm working on Batch # 2.  My Aunt kept a scrapbook of pictures of me as a little girl & some of Dixie when she entered the scene, my Dad as a little boy, my grandparents, and my parents when they were starting their married life.  All sorts of things in that time frame.  Sampler below....
I'm going to divide these and give 1/2 to my sister.  Enough for my kiddos also!
************************************
Found another picture of us at Anchorage High School as Seniors.  This was upstairs and we were waiting for classes to change.  Typical clothes for the day... Me-- skirt/sweater/white collar/flowers at neck/matching earrings/also, not seen-matching sweater socks.  Him--white shirt-open collar-rolled shirt sleeves/jeans/flat soled Converse tennis shoes (that were cheap and everyone wore them). Me-- ponytail with a scarf.  He--flat-top....

******************************************
I'm so thankful that the Lord looks to my heart and thoughts.  He knows I intended to make this gorgeous pumpkin with tacks and flowers....
my heart's desire



my reality

**************************************************


When I found this picture of my beautiful Mother it startled me and made me teary with longing to see her and just wishing we could sit down and really talk.  I mean really share our hearts.  That is what my mind has been on is relationships and why they sometimes aren't like we thought they would be or hoped they would be or want them to be.  It's mulling over in my mind, the complexities of all our interactions with each other- family or friends- such complications at times.  Well, it seems that way to me tonight. I will share when the mental puzzle pieces are all turned over to get a clearer picture.  Even looking at this picture now makes me tear up. I would love to hug her.

I love you, my beautiful Mother- xoxoxxo


No comments: