Tuesday, October 14, 2014

muddling about a bit...

It's about letting go and letting God.  I'm thinking of heartache and when dreams don't come to pass...  I'm thinking--  of depressed women...  of family estrangements...  of Sharon sitting in a wheel chair/hoping her blood clot dissipates so she can walk as she did before the stroke and take herself to the bathroom...  a friend fighting cancer...  of women feeling friendless and excluded...  women suffering from memory of childhood abuse...  of the corner store- The Cherry Patch.  a real local fixture.  losing their lease.  closing up. a loss of dreams...  the Mother's son coming home early from his Mission/inactive....     childless women/unmarried women/women in ill health... and on and on and on.

My eyes are teary because it saddens me to see the loss of anyone's dream/ anyone's pain.  I in my co-dependent nature (I try so hard to not be so!!)  want to take away the hurt.  I am reminded of the Only One that can remove soul deep pain as the melodic words come to my mind...

Where is the quiet hand to calm my anquish? 
Who, who can understand:  He, only One.

I read the words...hum...then sing to myself and am reminded in vs1, line 3 ...be it a wounded heart or anger or malice, the balm of Gilead is one size fits all.  Nothing is exempt from His peace and His love.  Hymn 129.

That is how we help each other isn't it?  Encourage ourselves and others to allow the Atonement to cover what we are incapable of.  Have faith in the gift of Grace.  Employ and enjoy.  That must be that effectual prayer that is mentioned scripturally.


For all those I'm wishing I could make everything rosy for you and take away your very own personal mortal strengthening painful experience.... I will pray for you.  You can do it.  I can do it.  We can all make it!!!  That is what the Gospel is all about.  Helping us on our mortal trek!!!

A story is told...everyone was invited to put their life burdens in a pile. They could then choose anothers  burdens and their challenges.  When the time came they all picked up their own troubles.  I feel that way about my challenges.  I don't look forward to living with them/figuring them out/overcoming them but they are mine...that's okay.

**********************************************

I saw this today and am not sure who to credit but bravo for the picture and the words!!  not my creation but definitely a truism on so many counts.....



"The day comes when we decide that it no longer serves us to blame our parents, our family, our boss, our circumstances or anyone or anything else and we decide it’s time to move forward simply because we’re worth it. And that’s the day, despite our circumstances, that we begin to discover just how powerful we really are." Author Unknown

No comments: