Friday, January 10, 2014

Still marching onward!! STILL!

The amount of data stored in this room is unbelievable.  Note I said data.  True some of it is junk but the books are in great shape.  Just to many on display.  Well, stuffed in is more descriptive than on display.

Evidently I am not only compelled by some inner force to write things but also save minutia that might be needed (by whom and for what???  dunno!)  I found reams of paper stuffed in manila envelopes and stuffed inside dark green binders just waiting to be 3-hole punched.

At minimum one ream on RS, starting with the first email I sent in 2006.  eventually I stopped saving them.  I felt they told about the Ward and people and who was doing what.  A history of deaths, births, sickness etc. Perhaps I was motivated to stop saving them when a RS sister told me to stop sending them to her as it was jamming her computer.  She said I sent way to many and they weren't necessary nor interesting and besides that  who cares??!!  I like to think she was smiling when she said it and the frustrated, almost angry, okay...ticked off way she sounded was just a poor connection.  Surely, she didn't really say-- I don't care who had a baby!! 

I have a history of sorts of our Ward right down to blueprint of first building we were going to get and then blueprint of one we did.  They are small-size.  So nice for a notebook.

Yes.  I packed them away.

2 blueprints in RS emails
 I found a notebook with all sorts of quotes and tried to throw it away, started reading and lost my focus.  I'm so befuddled...did I pack it in a tote or take it out of book and file in with other notes?
Great talk on counting blessings.

I know I like to learn things.  I see that I sort of want to learn everything.  I found this proof....
Sign Language/Hymn Sign Language/Conducting Course/Keyboard Course/2 on Ballroom Dancing/Quilting
 All were brand new.  Sigh.  I'll put the Trip around the World quilt directions in with my fabric and decide it's fate when I get to that challenging task.  I decided to put all the others in Tote #3, along with my little metronome which is a story on it's own.  I'm keeping only one item out.  this gem....
101 minutes of brilliance.  Entitled Opening Isaiah. Oh, I also need to open package!!
My grammar used to be spot on!  I knew the rules of composition and all those other details and was a whiz and very at ease, to the point I just never gave it a thought, and just wrote what was in my mind/heart.  If I look at other blogs I feel like a toad.  Not toad in a good way.  Inferior, inadequate etc.  all those not so nice ways to feel.  Every once in awhile I get a book about writing/grammar etc. and when I start to look at them, not read-just thumb through and peek,  I start getting warts.  I think I have an allergic reaction to feeling less than par comparatively speaking.  So I see that I have a 9 stack and I know there are others lurking in the living room book shelf  (yes. more books!),  I will think about this and decide tote/throw/keep on shelf?? later on!!  Not right now.

In the balance.  What to do?  Looks like Thesaurus is only one used! Dictionary a bit also.

Well, would you look at this!!??  it won't stay this way but it's able to breathe and enjoy the light of day AND The cookbooks have a new delegated space!  will it be permanent?  Maybe.  Maybe not.

Whew!!  not empty for long but lookin' good!
Top two shelves- books I can't part with.  Lower shelf!- cookbooks!!!!
Surely there is some prize for such paring down!!!  Surely!

No comments: