Monday, January 20, 2014

Etc. Etc. Etc. .....

Different things going on (Terry flu) that slowed me a bit on finishing up the office dig-out project.  I wasn't going to post anymore finds but a blog reader asked me to keep sharing.  (Maybe I encourage others, bring out gratitude, when they see what I'm dealing with and they feel really on top of their game?)

So here are a couple of pics of the short work on office week.....

Already I'm running behind because I put in the to be filed/sorted/used/thrown file drawer, a will that now I can't find!  A will of a couple wanting us to take their 4 children if they should both die in their small aircraft.  We didn't know them that well but did know that their children were rather, uh, active shall we say?  Thank goodness, on all counts, we did not have to live up the the contents of that will!!  Why would we have done that signing?  I will find it (before the millennium) and read over and share.  They were such a mismatched couple at least by appearance and interests but we so enjoyed each of them.  He and Terry were equally mismatched.  Terry the short mechanic and he the extra tall trim Medical Doctor.  He was an adventurer and they had just returned from his Physician stint at Kotzebue.  She was into theater and dancing and speech and etc. and I so enjoyed visiting with this rather recent graduate, of all the good things that BYU has to offer.  We worked together in the Stake YW.  They ate whole wheat cereal every single breakfast!   They gave us this set of Alaskan jade bookends that we have kept whole and enjoyed them for nearly 50 years.  We all moved away but that was an interesting shared part of our life.  A lot of trivia!

Mountain side of our treasure
Inside of it!
So you can see how tall it is
and also the width.
They are super heavy, gorgeous and Alaskan all the way!  They aren't kept in the office but they might eventually end up here.  Who knows?  time will tell.  I thought of them when I found the will- that I already can't put my fingers on it!!!  Time will tell on that also.

As for other Treasures/Trash of office purge....

emptied out boxes and note books.  all bets are on that boxes go back on shelves!

upper right. yellowed paper-"When your home is organized you feel more energized."

Thank you letter from Granddaughter.  written on a Kleenex!!

Miss Martha planted 3000 bulbs in ONE day.  I probably have room for 12! 

Who is the chocolate freak around here?????

buh-bye to more trash!!!  feelin' good!

Hey!  the tree is down.  the ornaments.  the garlands.  Just books, wreaths, outdoor lights left.  go Terry!

No comments: