Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Drumroll!!!

Tuesday night RS and I enjoyed it.  Joyce, the teacher, had each person write something that were striving for and had started in Jan. as perhaps a resolution or something new to add to their life.  I seem on this rampage of just throwing my entire life, warts and all, on life's big sky power point so I wrote...purging house.  I know Shannon & Jennie said my name as they read my blog.  I appreciate those that love me in spite of my total humanness.   I love them for not faulting me but following with interest, the antics of a woman as old as me that seems to have a loose screw with all I hold onto.

Enough about that!  Drum-roll please.......

Phase 1 of office is done!!  All sifted and sorted and trashed and tote stored and downsized immensely.

Morning!

Evening!
to much of a good thing!!
Why is one never good enough for me?  here ....2 of the 3 pieces of granite from the CR Temple.  1 of the 3 Nauvoo bricks.  from my parents things....Ivory snow geese.  Ivory letter opener.  Ebony/baleen letter opener.  Ivory scrimshaw bottle opener. carved wood butler.  and my Grandmothers sterling silver butter knife (yes.  it needs to be polished)  will give 2 granite and 2 Nauvoo bricks away.  will most likely put sentiments of my parents of shelf above computer where they have been.  Decorating etc. is not this first go round.

What I face when I sit at my desk.
Basket you ask?  Yes, filled with Conference Issues of Ensigns.  Rattan basket on bottom?...hanging files of Genealogy.  It's placement tells a lot of how much I do and may also represent what Kingdom I may end up in if I don't shape up!!  Middle antique suitcase?...filled with research books for something I wanted to write.  Top trunk?....totally filled with letters clear back from 1950's.  Letters I wrote my Aunt and she saved them.  Letters I wrote my parents.  Letters I wrote to Terry.  Letters Terry wrote to me.  And an unrelated non-letter pair of baby blue corduroy shoes that each of my boys wore as newborns!  It's all contained and ready for me to dig in and do something!!


Alaskan Oil painting.  Given to my parents in 1961.  Food caches.  I've seen this color reflected on the snow.  gorgeous! lavender looks to sharp with my little camera.  It's more dusky.  but you get the idea.
 Tomorrow starts our room!!!  Another huge challenge but I'm up for it!! 

No comments: