Saturday, January 11, 2014

still at it!!

Right now I'm thinking...you don't totally have to share everything about your hanging on to everything in your life!!!  The journey has begun and I will keep plowing.

I wonder how far desire and good intentions and oh, I really was going to do that (whatever), will play into judgement when the books are opened.  Oh, not mine!!

Hit paydirt today!  Scattered and tucked away and my digging unearthed these...

10!  Yes! 10!  10 years of calendars and address books/cards/envelopes etc.

I wanted some information out of the calendars just as I did off of the cards/envelopes.  These were scattered.  I stacked them neatly and tucked them away behind family birthday/address/phone list.  I will let that sit hidden but it will get finished and I will post a picture of it finished!

see stack in back?

************************************
I'm sure there are others lurking somewhere around here but this is what my archaeological dig also unearthed.....
9 journals!!!  NINE!

Filled with heart-felt sentiments?  The answer would be a resounding no!  The pink one turned out to be some Temple quotes that I wrote for Terry in 1990 and we would read it on the way to the Temple.  Tori printed her name on one but never wrote a word (has Nana genes, maybe?)  The other 7?...there were 4 that all basically had the same thing recorded...Today is January 1 and blah blah blah.  All fresh start/new year.  A million promises to self on achieving perfection in all areas of my life by the next Jan 1.  Same song.  Same verse.  Going to do this and do that.  The last 3?--brand new blank journals.  lovely.

I started with looking at the ones that had an entry.  sometimes 3 years were covered.  covered in 6-8  pages.  Yes.  you heard me right.  2 pages per year!  I tried to tear them out to save them and ditch the journal.  I'm ruthless!  I ended up throwing all 4 journals.  some even had entries but remember they were all like carbon copies so it didn't matter about my weight or what I was going to eat and that I'd, for sure, write every day or at least weekly and meditate and etc. etc.

The other 3?  2 will make lovely gifts and I did keep one.  Absolutely no promises for anything. I saved this little red leather beauty.
Small. Lovely. Inviting. Pristine and it might just stay that way!!

Now if I was, note the word was, going to say what I'd journal- it would be things of the Spirit.  Promptings.  Received and acted upon.  The most valuable bit of information, that I found as I was on auto-destruct, was this old piece of paper....
A note to remind me of what the Spirit said to me....
This is the girl you've prayed for all these years.  Her Mother is the seminary teacher.

that would be one for my red book journal.  Actually I'm more at ease in just talking with you and sharing what is going on.  It's so laborious to write and I'm such a jabberwockey.  This is a beautiful (to me anyhow) story and I will share it sometime. 



No comments: