Thursday, January 9, 2014

left foot. right foot. (repeat over and over)

Moving ahead and knowing I'm at the point of no return!  there is no stopping my project as I have so many piles of dishevelment. We'd just have to permanently seal the room off, with a piece of plywood covering the door opening.

Paper.  Enough reams used up to surely have felled a forest.  A good size one.  I obviously am compelled to save everything as I can see a purpose for something that it might be used for or it just valuable info...Terry's certificate of ordination to a Deacon.  True he was married and had 2 babies but that was the way it was done in the olden days.  He passed the Sacrament and advanced to passing it.

A one page, nicely typed paper, of  when I was set apart as Ward RSP.  No date or names on it but still interesting--We bless you to use good judgment, taking no risks. Interesting thought....would you believe?

--More Recipes!!   This confirms my being out of control!!  I saw manila envelopes sticking up out of a green note book, checked them out and yep!, sure enough more recipes.  So I filled up another tote and now will start on the 3rd one.

As I started sorting and seeing stuff expand and take up even more space, I decided I better take a Costco break, and go buy more totes!!  Items that I can't give, throw or sell right now?...I will store.  in one year I'll see how many times I dug through a box looking for something or wish I had something even if I was to lazy to dig for it.  That will be the criteria of final step of paring down.  In the meantime...on with the Show!!


MORE recipes stored in manila envelopes

An extra set of my favorite bear cookie cutters stuck in with the recipes!
All boxed up with tote #2 filled to the brim!
Check out shelve one and two!  Study guides etc.

Note top shelf--Recipe books!  2nd shelf GIVEAWAYS!  Already given!
Testimonies from Seminary Students when Brandon Mansfield was a Freshman!!  will mail them out!  really!

Woman's Conf./music books/theater book/2 plays videoed- Homer 1987 & Toppenish 1992
Who was so dastardly?  What coward hid empty candy liners?

 It looks like a short day but it wasn't!  My desk is heaped...stuff in categories creates little groups all around!  Ready for tomorrow.

I decided on the first giveaway pile that I'd part with it if I could get in online.  I'd worn out others and these were mostly new but I did it!!  I even gave away 2 volumes of BYU speeches of the year!  I love the idea of grabbing a book and turning to what you need or doing research on some subject and having books to check or just simply reading and enjoying but I did part with them. (pat on my back for sure!!)  Wishing the empty candy box had some chocolate so I could stop the thumb sucking!!

Faced with the choice of living in a museum or a library minus the Dewey Decimal system or someone sending those junk pickers to my door.  I will change and avoid all 3.  I'm safe and on task and headed toward my 2014 goal!

My only daughter, is merciless in ridding herself of anything that even hovers near a flat space for landing.  She will grab and throw with no emotion.  She can look at clutter, not even sort it out, figure it wasn't valued because it wasn't put up, and just hold the trash can in one hand and in one fell swoop it's all gone!!

My 2nd son, is sort of like me (his own admission) as you can see from his response after reading of my excursion/excavation project...

"I have the same problem. See all the junk and determined to get rid of stuff I don't use, but then think of all the things I could do with it, or how hard it would be to find one, or surely someone would love to have this. I usually end up throwing a few things away but even then I doubt if I should throw it. Yet deep down I know I probably will never use it. What a strange thing. I save all nuts, bolts, and screws. I think of being in Alaska and having such a hard time finding what I need, it seems like I have carried that mentality with me. Even though 1 mile away there is an Ace Hardware that has an extensive supply of all nuts, bolts, and screws. But, I am always digging thru my nuts, bolts, and screws supply so I guess that justifies it. About 8 years ago I had about 50 lbs of miscellaneous n, b, and s from the construction of the houses and garages. I had a good time dividing them up in 5 bags and then giving those bags to five young couples in the ward. Some knew what a great gift it was, others seemed confused on why they would need it. But over the years nearly all of them thanked me for those bags and said that many times they dipped into those bags to fix or hang something. Made me feel good. "

Why of course it's Alaska's fault!!!  Why didn't I think of that!!  A simply marvelous scapegoat!!  Our beloved homeland!!!  8 stars of gold on that field of blue!  Yes!  Way to bail us out, Greg!!  By the way...maybe you need to make some more gift bags?  For next Christmas?  One man's junk etc. etc.

No comments: