Monday, January 13, 2014

Is there no end?????

For the next several Sundays I'll be visiting different Wards as it's time for Ward Conferences.  I got the Wards mixed up and went to one for Sacrament, then came home and went back later for the other Ward.  It's a long enough drive to have time to think about my de-junking project.   Yes, there are a lot of extras that need to be pitched but it's not like I'm unearthing deceased animals, or finding a real rat's nest, or mold on partial eaten food or any food at all.  No.  It's actually decent good stuff for the most part but there is just way to much.  Because space is small then extras have no space.  Even to much of a good thing turns sort of bad when to much lends to not being used.  or easily found if found at all!

Why on earth did I hang onto these years of calendars/address books?  What was so vital that I had to hang on?  What phone numbers, some top secret number?, that was only recorded in one of those books must never be thrown?  Was I delusional in thinking that someday they'd be auctioned at Sothebys and be worth as much money as say, a tissue that Marilyn Monroe blotted her lipstick on?  I know the black books were crucial to me as RSP and I enjoyed using them.  I had every single item I needed in that book and hauled it all over.  I don't like notebooks very much.  Barely a smidgen actually. They were perfect for what I needed.

Driving along I decided, in keeping the Sabbath day holy that I would sort through the books, take out any data that I had, copy all addresses that were in the stack on envelopes I'd saved and take care of business.  Preparing to keep in better touch with family and friends was my rationale for Sunday fun time.

The beginning....
What on earth?  no clue.  top one says-- heritage- 2 feet amputated.
Job  done!
The end!!


How many scriptures do two people need?  19 if I counted correctly!  Well, 19 is what I found strewn in some lower shelves.  Overkill?  Uh...yes.  that would be yes!
What on earth?????!!!!

Relocation program...car and truck for small Book of Mormons/ Spanish Book of Mormons  in other book case/ pack all others away (Tote#4)  and keep one for me.  Terry has his by his brief case.
My lone keeper!  Love it!!
 I found several Sudoku and Word Games....
I will find a nice home for the top shelf word games.  Possibly I'll keep one.
Actually, at this time I'm so sick and tired of seeing so much excess that has turned to mess that I feel like shoveling all in the dumpster!!  It's good that I'm holding my feet to the fire and that I really want to be free of to much stuff and the only way is to do what I'm doing.  This is such a mess right now and there is no turning back!!  I will do this but I think I'm just going to give a weekly summation or the likes.  You can heave a sigh of relief!!

I was thinking on the way to Church on Sunday....Why on earth am I so determined to do this?  Well, it's necessary.  simplifies my life.  Our life.  Gives me more time to really do things of worth...like helping someone out!!  It's a freeing thing.  In the long run it will buy me time. Then the hymn popped into my mind.  A line from a hymn...break off the shackles of the earth.  When I got to Church I read the words to Hymn #158.  This de-junk is a shackle of sorts and is necessary, even in it's unpleasantness at times and use of time that I'd rather be doing other things right now.  It is necessary for me to move ahead and free myself from shackles of my own making.

The young Bishop (just turned 40!) at the Ward I visited gave an excellent talk on work.  he mentioned self-improvement as a part of our necessary work that must be done.  I thought of my entire house de-junk/downsize project and was reminded within again, of the time I will have to do the things that are on my mind and in my heart.

So I will stop a daily blow by blow on blogging about my excessive things...so much that you most likely can't even imagine why I would have so much stuff, and I'll check in occasionally about it.  I do know there are others like me, so keep me posted on your own treasure hunts! 



No comments: