Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mining in dustville!!!

Thanks for rallying around my friend with your prayers and love.  Right now it seems there are so many that I know and love that are struggling.  Beyond prayer and love and care for my friends, I always feel the greatest thing I can do is forge ahead with gusto and live life as fully as I can.  I continue to charge forth with my Phase One of my 4 part plan.  Phase one-dejunk/downsize.

Check marks by our closet and the office and our bedroom.  Sunday I visited two Ward Conferences and I was surprised at the encouragement I got on my project plus the interest of what lies hidden under the layer of dust and spider webs!

Jennie said...You have stuff under your bed??!!!  She is so young and innocent and sweet and I hated to own up to the fact but I did!  Others have told me that they too have stuff stuffed under their beds.

The big reveal of what was lurking under that big ol' heavy Tempure Pedic? sp?....  see for yourself!!
leftover wallpaper!
The only box I didn't sort through is the one upper right, under the picture.  Some of my Mom's things.  will do later.

Stunned to find BRAND NEW dress shoes with a pencil sketch of left foot!  How did this happen????

Empty box of Christmas plates that I gave to Granddaughters.

Box of salad plates that I couldn't find to give with dinner plates.  Hmmmmm.

An adorable tea-set that I haven't found for long time.  Somewhere I have two other sets.  Madness????

I have looked everywhere (except under bed!) for my wonderful book.  also some notes.

should be flogged for this.  OLD pictures!!!  just scattered in a heap!  what on earth???!!?

more flogging needed.  ancient album!  unwrapped.  Neglected.  dusty!  woe is me!!!

timeline/dreamboard/vision scape class assignment.  years old.  Collage I made and loved doing and looking at it! 
amends properly made to old pictures and collage.  tidy and tight.  encased in plastic bag.

This next part really got to me.  My co-dependent self in full gear.  When I was RSP I had mini meltdowns, in privacy of course, about the sisters not having enough food stored.  We had a series of lessons on every subject under the sun.  I felt they were ready and if not, it wasn't for lack of trying to get them all on board.  Under my bed I found my private backup plan.  Baking powder for biscuits and an assortment of Base for beans or rice or wheat.  Of course I would give them wheat etc.!
Now I'm more about ....I'll share what I have on the stove cooking.  We'll pray.  It will be enough. At the time of these purchases I was not of that mind set.  Cuckoo.  Cuckoo.

Trashed -5# baking powder.  1/4 teaspoon is one serving.  a lot of biscuits raising!!!

box of base
1 teaspoon per 1 cup of water. 

Goodbye!  this one hurt!  ouch!!!  would have been so yummy.  Wish I'd remembered it hidden safely away!
I called about the base, hoping against hope, that it's years overdue expiration would not matter because it had so much salt in it.  When I said 2007 to the customer service rep., she repeated it stunned-like.... two-thousand and SEVEN??  Then I gave my salt spiel.  She was rather rude and said she couldn't believe I kept it that long without using it but.... NO! our product has real chicken bits in it and it would spoil and YES! you do need to discard it and not use it.  I didn't dare tell her how many jars I had on hand.  May as well have thrown a wad of bills in the trash and burned it up.  This was painful for me to do!!  sort of wah-wahing here.  Me the silly goose!!  sigh.

Tucked behind a chair in the corner I found seeds for planting and seeds for sprouting that I really did think were safely in my freezer.  Not!

10#'s.  yes, TEN pounds of sprouting seed to go with your biscuits and beans and base.  commit me!!
Magazines, anyone??

Tore my heart out!  So wrong of me!!  I did save 5 more conference issues.  there.  I'm all better!

Uh-oh, Terry being tempted by Martha Stewart!!!
Surely I deserve a metal, an award, sympathy.  something for bravery and courage.  Stifled sobs.
Well, boy howdy!  Would you look at that!!!  should have taken a picture after I vacuumed & moved picture!  All done!!
Next on de-junk list...my small bathroom that has a dumpster load of little bottles and jars and soaps and that sort of stuff!!

No comments: