Thursday, January 23, 2014

Please, pray for my friend.

Let me tell you just a bit about my friend Myra Faye Earl and her husband Bob.  When we moved here 25 years ago I met her that first evening.  We have enjoyed our association all of these years and count ourselves blessed being friends.

Bob, her sweet husband, is also our friend and we love both of them so much.

They have each had a lot of serious health issues over the past few years.  One was Myra Faye having cancer, radiation, and a little snippet off the top of one ear. 

She is the organist/pianist extraordinaire for our Ward.  Lately she has had a few problems playing.  She and I have had talks about memory loss/dementia/Alzheimer's as that sometimes happens when you hit certain ages.  She consider getting new glasses.  That is not her problem.  Unfortunately she has 2 cancerous tumors in her brain.

She is preparing for radiation and has a plan in place to take care of this latest setback.

You and I know the power of prayer and names on Temple rolls.  I'm sharing this blog (with her permission) so that I can ask you to join me in praying for my friend and her husband.  Please put their names on your Temple Prayer roll.

Bob and Myra Faye Earl.

Please tell your friends also.
****************************
“Our Father in Heaven has promised us peace in times of trial and has provided a way for us to come to Him in our need. He has given us the privilege and power of prayer. He has told us to ‘pray always’ and has promised He will pour out his Spirit upon us.”
—Rex D. Pinegar, "Peace through Prayer," Ensign, May 1993, 66

No comments: