Friday, September 2, 2016

MyLife

My life is feeling and going terrific.  Every since Terry woke me up in the middle of the night, several years ago, with the words...Nancy, I'm having a stroke...life, as we knew it, changed.  And there has seemed to be no end to changes that just kept coming.  I kept trying to find a balance in what I named our NewNorm.  FINALLY  I have the solution, and amazingly enough, it is no longer called my NewNorm.  It's just simply called MyLife!  4th Season living, it could be called.  Or even ExitLaneLiving but it's really summed up as MyLife.

MyLife fits me and feels incredible and brings me such peace and joy.  It is just comfortable and cozy and makes me happy.  I have eliminated things that caused me stress...like things/events that I seemed to always be backing out last minute and that just eased guilt bricks stacked on my shoulders.
Feeling that I used to be counted on, if I said I'd do something and then cancel out because of needing to be home, just created such pressure on me.  I could go on and on but I won't as over the years you know how I feel, if you have been a blog reader.

Paring back and then bringing things into my life that are no pressure and bring me feelings of accomplishment are just so invigorating.

Like...determining to become physically fit (end goal...July 24th 2017).  Create health for myself.  Still on my going nowhere stationary bike.  My regular time now is 30 minutes.  I'll add things when I feel like picking things up a notch.  For now...30 minutes is just totally comfy.  After all, who can be uncomfortable in their old raggedy robe?

I did calm down on cooking and cooked us a great meal, just this evening!  Yummy!  So more than Sunday dinner will be on our weekly menu.

**********************************

When we were at McCall, the evening of LakeDay, found everyone exhausted but still wanting to be together.  People were just sprawled all over.  In the mix was this old blanket, tied flannel, from 30+ years ago.  It's now used whenever you want an "old blanket we can use".  Our youngest son saw the blanket and said...I remember taking lots of naps with that blanket!


still works after all these years!
Fabric is so amazing in it's strength and endurance power!  I'm a fabric lover!  I've had several purges of excess material over the years but somehow or other it builds back up.  Several years ago I stopped the madness and cut my addiction but now...back into fabric but limited buying. Using the cache on hand!

You know by now, in that blog, that was way to long and to much info and to much everything and I boldy declared, I was going to make each of my family members a lap quilt by next McCall trip in July 2017.  I'm into surprises but I decided to give them something to look forward to so I sent an email and told them of my great plan.

One of our sons called and I told him over the phone, with enthusiasm, Guess what!!??  quiltquiltquilt.  He had the nerve to laugh and then said...Mom!!!  That little word was spoken with emphasis like...when pigs fly or when the fat lady sings or sure you will!!

I will prevail.  Terry is enjoying watching me.  Is he viewing it as some aerial act on a tight rope?  or a wacko from the loony bin?  or is he just simply enjoying me enjoying MyLife?  He's happy and enjoying it along with me. He told me so.

I can't just sit and sew all day but I do sew every day, except Sunday.  (My Mother said you had to pick the stitches out with your nose when you go to heaven if you sewed on Sunday.  She was not Mormon so maybe that is not doctrinal but I don't sew on Sunday anyhow!)

My goal right now is to get tops ready for backs/batts.

The one that I've been working on, seemed to shrink as I sewed it but it needs to be pressed and have a double border and it will be a great lap quilt.  The other two pictured are flannel.  Yes, there are two in that heap.  these are old ones that I just love.  I don't remember when I made them.  They are old-fashioned, not perfectly sewed, but so comfy.  I have flannel for borders.  Not sure which ones I'll use.

I love cabbage roses!  and squares simply sewn together!
*****************************

I have learned in the years that I've lived...the marvelous feelings I'm experiencing, that are souldeep and seem so permanent, could very well be short-lived, so I will breathe it in, absorb it, let it settle in my mind, let it soak into my soul and be thankful in the midst of such joy-- for how I feel and what I'm experiencing.  If and when things fade, as they usually do, I will be grateful for understanding a clear viewpoint, personally for MyLife.





No comments: