Monday, September 19, 2016

Egg on My Face...

With the marvels of technology I could just delete yesterday's post but being a glutton for punishment I just leave it on.  What was I doing?  What was I thinking?  Why do I put every emotion on my blog???  Every challenge...every attempt at betterment...baring my soul...and in my co-dependent nature wondering -will friends stop wearing their friend buttons with my name on it??? 

Yes...I'm trying hard.  Yes...it's been a rough couple of weeks with Terry's pain/health.  Yes...I want to do everything and be as good as all the other women that I admire and are so spectacular.  Am I wanting applause or something???  Who would share they baked boxed brownies in an attempt to serve others?  Oh, boy!!!  I'm aghast!  Aaaack!!

Really I think I do a service, of sorts, that is private and confidential and I love to share scriptures and Conference quotes and I LOVE to write notes and send the Jacquie Lawson gorgeous e-cards and send an email and even a PM (I think I don't know the boundaries on those PM though as I tend to go on for to long but that is new to me still and I'm learning.  I think there are some sort of etiquette rules and I perhaps have not yet learned them).

My life is so full of to-do's right now that the last thing I should be sputtering over and trying to show love and care is baking brownies from a box. (and then announce it to the world that I did such a feat!!)  Yes, I actually love the idea because it reminds me of my sister.  Yes, I will occasionally follow her Family Recipe and pour love in the batter but that will not be the measure of my serving.

I need to somehow or other figure out why I don't do Genealogy and truth be told (sorry, Natalie) I really am content to let others do it for our line.  Oh, boy talk about egging my own face!!  I know I really need to figure out how to do it and love it.  But obviously I don't know I need to do it enough to actually do it!  Talk about a service project!!

AND I need to do some sort of sewing for Days for Girls and not focus strictly on my family quilt project.

Wow!  I just keep digging a deeper hole for myself don't I?? 

I best stop the caterwauling!!

I need to cool my jets and calm down and go to sleep.

You doubt it so you have to even ask????  Of course you do!  you ninny!

Origin:

"Random House Dictionary of American Slang, Vol. 1, A-G" by J.E. Lighter (Random House, New York, 1994): "have egg on (one's) face -- to look foolish or be embarrassed. Now colloq. 1951-53 'Front Page Detective (syndic. TV series): I can see egg all over my face..."

 Another source says the phrase is "newer" than the 50s. From "The Dictionary of Clichés" by James Rogers (Ballantine Books, New York, 1985): "to have egg on your face - To be embarrassed or chagrined at something one has done or the way one did it; to do something ineptly.

No comments: