Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Onward!



Image result for meme balancing plates on sticks
my dream wish!

Image result for meme balancing plates on sticks
my reality!

******************************************

The porch furniture, except for the cushionless swing, is all put away...floor and railings are power washed and furniture/cushions are bedded away for winter.  Things were just sort of put out there this year.  Next year will be better.  I love sitting on the porch and visiting.
Image result for beautiful summer decorated front porches
my sort of dream wish.  the feeling at least!

My current reality!

my blank slate for next Spring!!  love it!!
**********************************
I have been so tutored by people in the Scriptures and Alma is so powerful in what he shares.  Today I thought about temporal things and how it is mentioned many times in connection with, linked with, the word spiritual...it's okay to ask for help in temporal things.  It's the way we survive living on this telestial planet and desiring celestial things... Even wanting to have our lives emulate celestial behavior...is our inner celestial selves struggling to be more than we currently are.   We may have glimpses and peeks and marvelous spiritual moments but for the most part we are praying to make it through and pleading for how to cope with what is on our plate.  Maybe I am alone?  I don't think so! 

I love the peace the Gospel brings and the strength given, that is just what we need to meet our own personal challenges at just the right time.

Who said...we pray and God answers through the scriptures?  I can't remember. But I do believe it!

Alma 7:
23...asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

Alma 34:
 26 But this is not all; ye must apour out your souls in your bclosets, and your secret places, and in your wilderness.
 27 Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your ahearts be bfull, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your cwelfare, and also for the welfare of dthose who are around you.

And living Prophets tell us...things will work out.  It will be in the Lord's timing but things will work out. (General Conference just can't come soon enough for me!!)

My dear Alaskan friend, Edna, always quoted and totally believed this scripture...She lived by it all her days.  I need to draw on it's promise...

Doctrine and Covenants 90:
24 Search adiligently, bpray always, and be believing, and call things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the dcovenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another.














No comments: