Monday, September 5, 2016

Hodge-podge

MyLife continues to be wonderful and I continue to just observe/absorb and drink deeply of it's goodness!  Alert to future darkenings of such dreaminess but for now...bliss!  sigh.

Biking

Can it really be called biking when all you do is sit and pedal and go nowhere?  I have now settled in to 30 minutes a day, M-F.  Still attire myself in old robe and unkempt bedhead!  Works for me!  This week I'm adding an exercise with resistance bands.  Just a few to try it out.  Not certain as to how it will go.  Last week I added a step exercise.  Just a few.  Slowly...word of the day in going from zero to G-force!!  I am not weighing/measuring and all the stuff dieters do as that is not what I'm interested in.  I going for overall health and will see how things are July 2017.

HEALTHY SELF
HEAL THY SELF
(LOVE THIS!!) 

Krispy Crème & Football

These two subjects seem unrelated, unless perhaps the thought is of one eating doughnuts while watching BYU football!  Sometimes I think...actually no one gives a hoot of your opinion on that subject...or those subjects.  Such as now!

There is a Krispy Kreme in Eagle and I had more than my share for sure.  I'd read about them when they first came to fame back east and was excited (as sugarholics tend to do) at the prospect of such lusciousness.  Dixie would freeze them and then micro zap them to hot off the grill goodness.  One day, for some unknown reason, I decided they had no substance and squished away to a dough-ball and were way to sweet!  Yes, me, who in prior addiction days would shamelessly buy boxed chocolates for a gift.  And then would gift myself in the car!  Just sharing that shame as evidence that I know sweet when I taste it.

Oh, for a Spudnut! 

Then one day several months ago, in conversation about what makes a good doughnut, a friend shared that the best doughuts were in Sunnyside at the Maverick gas station!  The baker has them hot from the grease early a.m. and when they are gone...no more until the next day!  They have substance, delicious taste, and are the best.  Our son in Utah said each Maverick station chooses what they sell and they are not featured everywhere.  At least that was his opinion.  These remind me of Spudnuts!

Thanks to my friend for sharing an availability of goodness!  I'll go to the Maverick gas station in Sunnyside and not the brand new Krispy Kreme in Yakima.  That is why I shared this strange blog post about doughnuts...you too might want something less sweet!

BYU Football.  Featured here because I admitted I don't like Krispy Kreme fare and now, I admit...I'm not liking football!  Who cares?  No one except my Hubby. 

A few days ago he asked me in a want to go on a date? voice... How about if we pick a college team and see them through the season and watch their games? 

My thoughts were...bless his heart.  we can't really go out together.  how sweet he is!

I replied...yes!  let's do it!

So we chit-chat and decide to support BYU (him-because he likes them.  me-because I don't really care who we watch.)

Then I get all datey-like and plan a little tailgatey evening (on Fast Sunday!) with some treats.  I watch the pre-show on BYU as Terry has told me about the injured player and new coach and the new offensive coach and on and on.

The game started and I tried.  I really tried.  Long before half-time I asked...how long is a season?.  he happily said...a few months!!   I asked...how long is a game?  he said, happily so....oh, probably a couple of hours.  maybe 2 and a half.

It seemed like a cross between politics and news and TV commentators that keep replaying what just happened and telling you what you are looking at.  It's non-stop with re-plays and armchair coaches.
Terry looked over at me and started laughing and told me...honey, you don't have to sit here!  It's okay.  Go read or sew or something. 

Then he got sort of snarky and made snide remarks like...quite the date, huh?  you watched Boise State when Kellen Moore played but not BYU!...Next week is Utah playing BYU and you will like that!

I owned up to not liking anything about Football (which he already knew after all these years of marriage).  When he mentioned the Kellen Moore game watching I did with him--I watched because he was a grad from nearby Prosser...a name I'd heard for years...a person that I knew about.  Also Dixie lived in Eagle and she supported the BSU team plus they had a coach that seemed nice and they had a blue playing field.

Babbling isn't going to change the fact that I was let off the hook and do not have season tickets with MyMainMan for football watching.  I have friends that their entire families live for football season and share their love and interest together.  I don't have that.

Now if it was anything to do with theatre...I'd sit all day and watch every single detail of auditions/rehearsals/costuming etc. etc.  Guess it's where your heart is and where your interest lies.  I'm as happy with mine as Terry is with his.  We support each others cause!  He watches TV and I go to plays!

Temple & Quilts

Got a Saturday session in and was so thankful as it will close until Sept. 20.  I'm viewing MyLife as being named head of a corporation with the uniqueness of being the boss and the sole worker.  Free to do whatever I want and aware if I want to use that freedom and do nothing then that will be on my time card at the end of the day as far as how I spent my available hours.  So I'm figuring out how I want to spend my work day!

Saturday, early a.m., this time seems best for weekly Temple trip.  The only negative...if I need to change it then there isn't much else to do until the next Tuesday.  I've done it twice now and it seems a good fit for me.

The Temple is marvelous and I love to go and just be inside. Silently sitting...Stillness...in my mind picture, it's like heatwaves off of pavement...like the sand dunes in Lawrence of Arabia!...just ripples of silence... peace...feeling the Spirit and luxirating in it.  I take no questions for direction or heart-pleadings this trip...Just thankfulness/gratitude for the last 3 visits that have enriched my life and set me upright.

I carry the feeling to the car and it fills the space.  Silently I just head home.

Slowly my mind comes alive with thoughts of what to do and how to live and I smile and am thankful. 

Quilt making enters my mind and names of friends, the sick and the healthy, enter my thoughts and I'm wanting to make lap quilts for everyone!!  The reality of that feat fades and I'm reminded of another small-sized love memento that I can sew/create/share and my heart feels satisfied.



No comments: