Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Out of the mud hole!

Slowly becoming MySelf in MyLife! 

Cooked a nice dinner for Terry and I...accomplished some house things...took pressure off of myself to do everything and be content with doing something.  Sort of putzing along and being more BoyScout...leaving each place better than I found it.  Just picking up and tidying up as I see it and not trying to put myself in the Salt Mine.

I can relate to Alma in Alma 29:3.  not with his assignment of course...with his emotional reaction to his assignment.  Yes.  I can relate.  He was so on fire to cry repentance to every soul!  He wanted to accomplish more than he was doing.  He longed for it.  He then realized that he was wrong to not be content to what the Lord had allotted him...to embrace the reality that was his life.  He realized I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.  and then he put a damper on his desire/wish/hope to save the entire world and said...perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

I understand him wanting to do it all and how he had to come to grips and accept things exactly as they were and be content.

My patriarchal blessing came to mind and even in that there is what I consider a caution...you can only work in a limited area for that is natural.  Evidently I brought with me, as a part of my mortal experience, a rather gung-ho attitude about a lot of things and I need to reign myself in. 

Alma 29:
 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the atrump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and acome unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.

Now, seeing that I know these things, why should I desire more than to aperform the work to which I have been called?
 Why should I desire that I were an angel, that I could speak unto all the ends of the earth?

9...yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

I also was comforted and reminded myself that the Lord looks to my heart.  He knows me and He loves me.  I was also reminded to look to God and live.  I just have to say...the scriptures speak to me and I believe them and love them.  I like knowing that you feel that way also.

1 Samuel 16
7 ... for the Lord aseeth not as bman seeth; for man looketh on the outward cappearance, but the dLord looketh on the eheart.

Lots of goodness in the way of guidance came to me today.  I'm thankful.  VERY thankful!  General Woman's conference and General Conference are coming up and that will be such a blessing on so many counts.

***********
Today is 6 weeks of pedaling and not moving out and about...just up and down go my legs.  I was going to give myself a new challenge with it but after these last few days...no. no. no! not going to do that.  I'll just keep on keepin' on and feeling smug and accomplished and knowing you are just eager to get my progress report on how many weeks...again you say???  okay.  6 weeks today-5 days a week-30 minutes. I also do some steps and some resistant bands but nothing worth mentioning but I do it each day also.  (braggadocio!!) You realize I have not missed a single day????

**********

Before all of the above goodness/guidance came to me--the memes below were some of my feelings!

Image result for when the fat lady sings and other sayings
Image result for When Pigs Fly Humor


Image result for ruby red slippers meme


No comments: