Saturday, September 24, 2016

Two great days!

Yesterday my plan was to go to the 11am Temple Session.  I was so looking forward to it!  A young woman, now wed and expecting her first baby, was going to be endowed.  She had been in my life for several years.  Sort of off and on as she matured and moved and life settled in.  Her Mother and siblings have all moved from our Ward but she came to the Columbia River Temple for her special day.  I was excited to be included.

All ready to go and at 9:10am. I knew I couldn't leave Terry.  I called my friend Carol, that I was to pick up, and told her...I'm just so sad but I can't go. She was kind and understanding and sympathetic.

I stayed dressed and ready to go and ended up making the 3pm session.  I was glad as I really wanted to go through a session before the General Women's Conference today.

The Temple is so peaceful and calm and orderly and beautiful and it is just so comforting.  I love it!

I thought a lot about the effort that went into creating our world...this earth...our country.  I like thinking of things being done in order until it was just right and completed...the attention to what was needed and the obvious detailed planning in every single phase.

It felt so Celestial in there.  It felt even more so in contrast when I left that atmosphere, opened the doors, stepped out and really felt I was in the lone and dreary world with the wind whipping leaves and dust and huge raindrops and darkening fast moving clouds.  It was an almost eerie power.  It felt Telestial!  So very worldly.

****************

I have been looking forward to the General Women's Conference so much.  I was so anxious and eager but feeling I'd be overwhelmed with what I'm not doing and what I should be doing --as speakers would address us.  I knew they would speak the truth and the Spirit would confirm to me the errors of my slothful ways on so many counts but still I just looked forward to going.

We met for a delicious meal and then went into the Chapel.  I was so close to tears, and have been so emotional this last while in MyLife, so I brought two handkerchiefs!! 

To my surprise...I felt none of the chastisement I was certain I'd feel.  I just had a couple of tears of gratitude for the good feelings I was experiencing.  Each speaker mentioned something we should be doing and I found myself on certain topics...feeling happy that I have that practice in my life.  True it needs to be worked on and to keep at it and help it grow but I did not feel the guilt I expected and dreaded.  I felt on track and felt my feelings of failure/inadequacies, I've been nurturing along, were not true.  Yes...I need to do more but I did not/do not feel overwhelmed.  At all!!  Some of the things that were mentioned, that I'm doing, are things that I love to do!!  Doctrine...I love to study Doctrine!!!  LOVE it!!

And the talk about being afraid to offend and not teaching truth.  I teach the Laurels and I speak boldly to them about the truth.  The thing is ...I'd seriously considered asking to be released...talked with Terry...talked with our kind YW President and then opted to stay.  I was feeling the girls were short changed with my home situation and me missing a couple of times.  Today though...I just felt recharged and will speak truth to these girls until my time to be released comes but not by me resigning!  I just feel eager to bear my testimony and share my feelings of the Savior and the restored Gospel and the power of the Scriptures and prayer and on and on.  They are my chicks and I want to MotherHen them.  I felt such love for the three that were there today and the others that weren't there.

I was just so richly rewarded today, and I know every woman that heard the talks, had her own Aha! moment.  That is the beauty of the gift of the Holy Ghost...he taught each of us what we needed to hear today, to give us confidence to press forward. 

(Isn't it amazing...the talks are already on LDS.Org and memes are already being shared!  fantastic era to live in!!)

******
Here is what Sister Oscarson said afterwards....

As I shared in my address this evening, despite the conditions of our day, we have many reasons to rejoice and be optimistic. I believe with all of my heart that we sisters do have the innate strength and the faith that will allow us to meet the challenges of living in the last days, but it will take a concerted effort to be converted and to keep our covenants.

I testify that the Lord has blessed us, as women who live in these perilous times, with all the power, gifts, and strength that are needed in order to help prepare the world for the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.



No comments: