Wednesday, January 6, 2016

And the list goes on!!

Food.  Another item on my 2016 list of exciting things to do.  Eat!  It doesn't get better than that! 

You know that I'm a professional dieter and have paid big bucks in fees/supplies/books/specialty items and all of that sort of actually non-helpful stuff for years and years.  And years!!  January is when everyone suddenly wants to be trim/slim/toned and gorgeous bodied!  And there are those willing to take your money, on a regular basis, say weekly, to help themselves to your funds and promising you the moon to boot.  Sort of like the swampland for sale in hype. 

I've long supported them and the entire diet industry will now tank because I'm withdrawing from their ranks!!  Nada!  I've been unsubscribing from all of the healthy food recipes and free programs that come to me daily in my email or even FB.  I've withdrawn from groups that say they are supporting me, when the truth is I'm supporting them!  I give them time and/or $$...their bankroll grows and I grow also.

I'm pulling the latest assortment of books from my shelves...those featuring the eating programs that will save me from myself.  Just glancing to my left and seeing Forks over Knives/The Campbell Plan/Whole/The Rice Renewal/The Starch Solution...and those are just on one shelf.  The Blue Zone is lurking somewhere around here.  And I mustn't forget WFPB (whole foods- plant based) No more programs/plans for me. 

I'm also forgoing watching TV shows that promote weight loss like The Biggest Loser. 

Even non-church sponsored but still LDS promotionals, on FB or elsewhere, will not be in my wheelhouse.

I'm not even going to chase after Oprah Winfrey in my lemming-like way.  I've done that WW program and in a flashback... could see the irony of me paying someone weekly to tell me how much I weighed!  I see all the ads for all the shows, those enterprises that want me to cross their palms with my cash, and they will share the secrets of what I should do in taking care of myself!  I see in full view the evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days...I have been warned...even forewarned...and yet I buy into a bill of goods that takes up way to much of my thought, eats up my time and money, creates stress, sets me up for guaranteed failure and I never seem to learn.

2016!  I've learned.

Section 89

For me.  I'm just going to eat food.  Not try and sub food for other food.  It I want a potato then I won't eat zucchini.  I don't have time, effort or desire to weigh/measure/count/substitute etc. etc.  I don't want to have the word diet mean anything except eating food like normal people do.

(really I'm so dramatic!  I should have been a soap opera star!)

So.  Food.  That is what it says on my list of exciting changes on my 2016 list.  I'm changing it up and feel over time I will be benefited in health. 

The change?  Having dinner ready every day.  Ready first thing in the morning!  Instead of cooking etc. in late afternoon or early evening...First Thing!!  So far it has worked great!  Of course it has been 3 days so maybe that is to early for a test result?

When you just have 2 people, 2 oldsters, it's so easy to get casual about meals.  No children to plan for.  Maybe you get all uppity in discussing what sounds good and maybe others either don't want to eat it or don't want to cook it.  No discussion anymore.  I will cook and we will eat.  Poor Hubby, darling man...we now have a personal chef that will serve full meals but the catering seems to really benefit me.  He's such a great sport and has been on so many eating programs in our very long time together that he is supportive and ready for whatever shows up on the place-mat.

Without a planned evening meal we miss out on sitting and visiting and building our relationship.  It's a special time in our day.  True the conversation is sometimes rather boring about news or indexing or war movies or airplanes but then we get on subject about our family or the Gospel or our own marriage, and that is special.

For all of you figure-perfect gals...I'm still thinking of my fortune cookie fortune slip.  Thinking.  Not doing.  ThinkingStay healthy.  Walk a mile.  I'm wondering...how far is a mile IF I did this feat?  A mile out my front door.  Would it be to Yakima?  That is how overwhelming it seems to me!!!  But  I am thinking about it!



No comments: