Sunday, January 17, 2016

Gifts...

Sacrament talks were centered around service.  Most service mentioned is visible.  I'm fascinated with service that is invisible except to the recipient.  I was talking to my Laurels about the Holy Ghost and found this great quote.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 

“Let us review some of these less-conspicuous gifts: the gift of asking; the gift of listening; the gift of hearing and using a still, small voice; the gift of being able to weep; the gift of avoiding contention; the gift of being agreeable; the gift of avoiding vain repetition; the gift of seeking that which is righteous; the gift of not passing judgment; the gift of looking to God for guidance; the gift of being a disciple; the gift of caring for others; the gift of being able to ponder; the gift of offering prayer; the gift of bearing a mighty testimony; and the gift of receiving the Holy Ghost.”
Elder Marvin J. Ashton (1915–94) of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “‘There Are Many Gifts,’” Ensign, Nov. 1987, 20.
*************

Life is picking up around here and I'm enjoying feeling more in control of my time.  I have so much that I want to do!!!  and things that I need to do!  I'm moving as fast as I can but it feels like slow motion!!  Sort of like a train gathering speed and just puffing along the track and seeing the steep hill ahead.  I think I can...I think I can.
*************

Did you listen to Elder Nelson and his wife speak at the World Wide Devotional?  Both talks were just so great!  I like hearing from the wives' of the Apostles.  It's rare that we get to hear them as they usually speak at trainings in other countries.  If you are "desperate" and want spiritual help to find answers to that desperation...she gives a challenge with a promise.  It's on LDS.org.  right on the page.  Listen and see and hear her speak.   Aren't we all desperate about something???  I've never done a challenge like this before.  Read it and tell me if you have.  Hey!  I'll put the link here for you!
Nice me, huh?

World Wide Devotional







No comments: