Sunday, January 10, 2016

Photos #3 of 3...

Decided to push the edge of the envelope, on computer still holding up, and post some more pictures, to get me up to date, on Jeanee's visit.

First though...I'm enjoying the New Year and my New Year plan.  The FoodPlan, of cooking first thing in the morning, has worked out fantastic for the entire year!  All 10 days!  I love having it all done and can just relax when dinner time rolls around.  (My Mother always called us for Supper.  What year did I start eating Dinner?!)  Tomatoes/Tuh-mah-tuhs.  It all comes out in the wash!  Same thing! 

This week I'm going to focus on the 2nd part of my goal.  Some foods in the freezer...for us and others.  When my friend, Julianna, unexpectedly suffered the loss of her Mother, I really wanted to call her and say...I've got dinner covered.  Would love to bring it over.  I even thought of calling her and telling her...When you get back from California, on the 5th, I'll have dinner for you when you arrive home.  Neither of those thoughts became a reality!  This incident fits in with me trying to pick things up a notch and carrying out the ideas that come to me on sharing foodstuffs!!  Ideas that are prompted? 

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.  James 4:17

Well, that's a fine kettle of fish, isn't it??  Will casseroles unshared, because they are not yet made/cooked, keep me in the lower echelons of Glories?

I think it was easier to share food when I had my family at home.  I was cooking large amounts or something. 

anyhow...no excuses.  that is a part of my FoodPlan ...be in readiness to succor the starving.  Okay.  Way to dramatic.  Just share because it seems like a good idea and I want to be prepared.  At all times.

Some women just cook like it's no big deal.  somewhere with aging (my only admission to any feelings of aging!) it's a BIG deal!  Overwhelming at times!!!

I am loving my first thing in the morning cooking dinner AND getting ready to be on call for sharing!

This is probably way to long already but I'm still going to post pictures.  (Anyhow I hope so!)

*****************
Jeanee and Kipper wanted to paint for us.  and paint they did.  Kipper did some repairs and helped with taping and did some of the painting but Jeanee did most of it.  It felt fresh and nice when it was done.  didn't really look different as I chose the same color but it looked clean plus we had the furniture cleaned and carpet.  A nice start to spiffing things up!


Kipper mending caulking

Jeanee taping

Terry dealing with not being able to do it himself!

I love that she wore a winter scarf!!

lots of prep work beforehand!!


Remember when David screwed the area rug down (unbeknownst to us) so his Dad wouldn't fall?

The screw is now gone.  She is letting us know...she wants a drill of her own!  In pink.

tiny but mighty!





this guy is hilarious when he gets going!!!

bare-headed

Her Dad's t-shirt.  looking like a nun.

a white dish towel!

hanging blinds

She cooked her spaghetti at her Dad's request.  love the mish-mash table setting! 

writing love letter to her Aunt Dixie to go in the recipe book we sent her.

feeling her Dad's warmth and love and...

listening to his endless stories!

only picture I got of the two of them...

and the two of them, also!

No comments: