Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The heavens are open...

and I know they are opened but the way this doctrine is presented is so succinct.  About revelation in our time...our day...for us.  I doctored it up with the bold print and underlining.  All of this is a part of the restoration and as I said, I really enjoyed the way he presented it.  I hope you do also!


Brethren, four great statements I leave with you to ponder.

First, the words of God the Eternal Father, “This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!” [JS—H 1:17] Not 2,000 years ago, but in our time.

Next, the memorable words of John the Baptist who declared with authority: “Upon you my fellow servants, in the name of Messiah I confer the Priesthood of Aaron …” (D&C 13) in our day.

Third, the Savior’s statement about: “Peter, and James, and John, whom I have sent unto you, by whom I have ordained you and confirmed you …” (D&C 27:12) happening in our time of the world’s history. 

And fourth, from Kirtland, as recorded by the Prophet Joseph: “We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.” (D&C 110:2.)

Indeed, fellow priesthood holders, these statements are not the idle words of men. We live in a remarkable time. The Lord has spoken in our day.

(quotes from Robert L. Simpson  1973 CR talk



No comments: