Thursday, January 21, 2016

Me...being brave...

On most things of life, things that life throws on you, those trials and tests and etc.....I figure out how to deal with it.  Today I faced something that is sheer terror for me...a Dentist!!!   Technically I didn't face a dentist.  not yet.  I made an appointment!!!  This is a huge step for me.

Dental care in my younger life seemed to border on mouth abuse.  Metal Hypodermic needles that felt ice cold on your lip/cheek as a needle, big as a wooden matchstick, punctured your flesh with a pop!!  dreadful!!!  The drill was a huge hanging metal device that whirred like a buzz saw with chain saw noise.  Dreadful smells emitting.  Instruments were like chisels that felt like it was creating a tombstone name on cement.   2 times I fainted.  I about had a nervous breakdown just thinking of it!! 

Remember when they knocked me out to pull those teeth a couple of years ago?  I found a friend that is a terrified as me and she found a dentist that will do that even if he's filling teeth.  (angel chorus in the background!!!)  I can even take Rx and nitrous (don't think I'll be laughing though) and that is probably what I'll go with.

Hopefully tomorrow they will confirm my appointment.  I only had nerve to fill in a request on their website!  Not actually talk to someone!

I'm like the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz!!!

(of course I pray!  exercise faith!  you doubted?  this is as good as it is right now!)

I think I need some medical attention beyond my teeth.  So I'm gearing up for putting myself through all that sort of stuff!  one thing at a time!!!

No comments: