Saturday, January 9, 2016

Pictures...#2

Going to see if I can post a few more pictures.  Most of these are the time frame when Jeanee flew in from FL in November and we drove to ID to see Dixie. 

Dixie was really in need of some renewal and we partied and had fun!  You can see her grow in wellness in these pictures.  She and I always take a sister trip and we travel and shop and eat at different restaurants.  So we had an in-house/staycation sister trip with my precious Jeanee, adding extra love/kindness/joy and everything good.  Each day we would either cook (well, Jeanee did!) or we'd order out.  so you will see lots of foodie pictures!  Dixie spent a lot of time resting/sleeping/healing and Jeanee and I would quietly read.  She brought a huge book, #one of a trilogy on Van Gogh, so she'd read that or nap herself.

Hopefully you will now see pictures below!

reading gift card and enjoying sentiments!

Artichoke day!  They are fans.  I'm not!  Their meal!

These two!!

cooking her original spaghetti.  Aunt requested as it's her all-time favorite recipe!

Van Gogh.  So heavy she propped it on pillow!  see oxygen tanks in background?

more of Mr. Van Gogh!

Sea food for our Alaskan night!


Shhhh.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

reminiscing and laughing!

order out for pick-up.  Note blue curlers in Dixie's hair.  sign of wellness!!

Van Gogh.  She is savoring it and enjoying every word!

Jeanee watching oxygen while hairdresser cuts Dixie's hair.

hairdresser came to house.  Dixie checking oxygen level on finger.  real healing going on here!

some special herbal tea that they both love!  look at Dixie's face!  healing!

celebrating that she curled her hair for the first time.  she loves to fix her hair.  major healing here!

courage for me to take a picture but here we are.

her full make-up.  and her hoop earrings.  Healthy really happening!!

enjoying visiting!!
I was stunned at the progress she made in those few days.  The memories continue bringing her joy even though her health is still in peril.

At one time women carried lipstick holders that had a little mirror attached and you could flip it up and apply your lipstick.  She has one of those.  one day I looked over at her reclining in her chair and she was checking her hair and putting on lipstick.  I just loved that picture it presented and grabbed my camera and she scolded me...that looks so vain of me!  don't you dare take a picture!!  I wish I had not listened to her!!

She is beautiful and has cared about her appearance (and the more bling the better!) since she was a young girl.  She was such a classy dresser during her professional life!  gorgeous!  She frets over me and wants me to be more like her.  Glamorous and shiny jeweled.  I do need to pick it up a notch but I'm staying me.  There is only room for one of her in the world and she has earned it!!  (I do have some better care of self on my 2016 list.  More on that later!  Dixie will be proud of me...going to have my ears re-pierced as they grew back due to lack of use!)

Love my Sister!

No comments: