Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Those little children!!!!

These natural calamities are so overwhelming in magnitude.  Seemingly impossible to fathom.  To much to wrap my mind around.  So much pain and sorrow.  At the same time so much compassion and unity and turning to God come forth.

I remember my CES Supervisor telling us...The happenings in the last days will parallel the happenings in the Book of Mormon.  Today I read 3rd Nephi Chapter 8.  these verses really grabbed my heart in the tone of familiarity in what happened in Oklahoma.  also here and 88:90

3rd Nephi
12 But behold, there was a more great and terrible destruction in the land northward; for behold, the awhole face of the land was changed, because of the tempest and the whirlwinds, and the thunderings and the lightnings, and the exceedingly great quaking of the whole earth;
 13 And the ahighways were broken up, and the level roads were spoiled, and many smooth places became rough.
 We are blessed to know about death, resurrection, specialness of children, the opportunity to be sealed and on and on.  I know that the Lord knows what He is doing but I really can identify with my ways and thoughts being on a lower level as mentioned in these scriptures.

  • Isaiah 55:9

    9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
  • Isaiah 55:8

    8 ¶For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
 He is aware of what is going on and somehow or other it will all work out in the end.

No comments: