Friday, May 3, 2013

Enjoying my Tablet!!!

I'm fascinated with what my tablet is capable of!  I'm trying to learn and retain what I've learned and it's a challenge!  Today I had the greatest experience with hearing a Conference talk, actually several, from my little gem.  It was propped up on the kitchen counter and I was listening to talks from 1971.  Amazing!!  Then I sat down and read as the speaker gave the talk.  Terry came walking by and I said...who is speaking?  He listened and correctly said...Neal A. Maxwell.  Later he walked by and I asked again...recognize this voice?  He thought about it and ended up saying...Ezra Taft Benson.  Correct again!

He and I talked about how marvelous to be able to hear the actual talk from all those years ago.  The great feelings we had about those speakers that we'd heard so many times.  There was no mistaking Spencer W. Kimball and others.

Most of these early talks we'd only read. We never heard them as we had no way for quite some time to hear every talk and at one point to hear any of them from far away Alaska.  There were years that the Conference Issue of the Ensign/ New Era was published until June!

I got to thinking about the importance of names and how we take the name of Christ on us at Baptism.  And we have family names with history and deep meaning.

In recognizing those General Authorities I also thought about recognizing the voice of Christ.  Also that He knows my name and yours.

I enjoy the entire story of the shepherd and the sheep as found in John.  The shepherd knows the sheep by name and they each have their own individual name that he gave them.  The sheep recognize the shepherds voice and will only follow him and not a stranger.  That is such a reduced account for a great story!

When I read/study the scriptures I recognize His voice.  I also hear His voice when talks are given at General Conference.  A great spiritually prepared Stake-Ward/Talk-Lesson also lets me hear His voice.

John10:1-4

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of theasheep.
 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his avoice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and bleadeth them out.
 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they aknow his bvoice.
 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of astrangers.

I just remembered this long ago blog

No comments: