Friday, May 10, 2013

Hooray...one more year!!!

May 9, 2011- first blog here

May 9, 2012 -  here

And here I am on May 10, 2013 remembering when I started my blog and yet not thinking of the anniversary yesterday!  I'm into the 3rd year!

It's been an interesting adventure!  One that I've learned so much from and have enjoyed in spite of the times I have had high anxiety and bucket-loads of self-doubt, as my recovering co-dependent self reminds me... if they really knew you they wouldn't like you.  And then in direct conflict, with no protective armor, I stand center stage and just pretty much bare my soul by sharing heart deep thoughts!  Go figure!!

At this point I've started to really settle in more, not question, what flows from my heart through my fingers to your screen.  It is a special private moment that then becomes out in the open.  I feel connected to you.  A sharing that connects us in our feminine humanness and our love of the Gospel.

Your patience and encouragement and kindness have made a huge impact in my life.  Thank you!

I plan on continuing with my original plan of posting 5 days a week.  I went to the archives and see that so far I've posted 492 entries.  Now let's be honest...there were some in that number that basically said...Hi.  I'm not here.  I'll be back.  For the most part I kept my word.

I also will continue to not advertise in trying to get readers.  Invitations come soliciting me to sign up for advertisements to increase readership but I'm not interested.  I like it just simple and pure.  I like how you tell your friends and they join us and we add to the sisterhood that I feel. Welcome!  (for you men that are readers....welcome also!)

As always on my birthday, celebrated a couple of days ago, I always resolve to lose weight/be healthy etc. etc.  so true to that tradition (seemingly life-long), and to celebrate another earth year of my personal trek,  I'm on yet another eating program and blah/blah/blah etc. etc. etc.  No promise of posting about results.  From first blog to now I'm still the same size!  My husband says one of the things that he loves most about me is I never give up.  I may bawl and squall and quit but like the phoenix, I will rise again, to face the dreaded porridge bowl and fight to conquer it's demons (oh, bring the smelling salts!  I'm so driven with descriptive drama!)  Well, it is a battle that I do wage a war against.  so here I go again!

Thank you for your love.  I hope you feel mine for you.

No comments: