Monday, May 13, 2013

Everyday is Mother's Day!

Mother's Day.  There are Mom's who love the day and there are Mom's that don't.  Depending on the age and stage and outcome of your Mothering depends a lot on buoyancy or blues.  I know of women that wish they could run away and not be around anyone, while others receive buckets of love from adoring children. 

I also know of women that feel those same emotions because they don't have any children.  As women we can relate to each other on these emotions.  Quiver full or emptiness...we are designed to have children.

Can there be a stronger female drive than child desire?  I think not. 

I loved what my daughter said, about her twin girls.  She said....I knew I would love them but I didn't expect to fall in love with them.  That pretty much sums it up.

So young when I married and so in love with my young husband.  I'd dreamed of being a Mother since grade school and when that first baby arrived, I just had no idea you could love any single person as much as this baby.  He was the epitome of all babies!

 In our Ward I see the young mothers and the love/joy/delight they get mothering their children.  These are the ones that my heart just goes out to.  Such super strong special women to have the wisdom and strength to raise these chosen ones.  The children are amazing and so are their Moms.

Mothering is not easy in those early years or later years or inbetween years.  True there are Mothers that have to work outside the homes but many have shared that their heart is at  home and that is where they wish they could be full-time.

That 24/7 time clock is relentless as they care for little ones that are only clean/fed/protected/rested because they choose to give that service.  Again.  and again.  and repeat that by 100's, no thousands of times, over the course of their Mothering.

They have to keep themselves sane/spiritually balanced in order to teach these children protective devices in the wiles of today's world.

I love these Mothers!!!  They are in my prayers.  Their work is essential for all of us and I so appreciate them taking care of the rising generation, so the Church will stay whole and strong, and in my old age they will be the leaders that I sustain. 

So many still have those little ones in what I call the Garden of Eden stage and that is such bliss.  There are others that have children out in the Lone and Dreary World stage.  No matter the stage of our children's lives, our love needs to be constantly unconditionally, for them.

I love all women that are Mother's at heart, whether they have children or not.  No matter where we are on the chart we all must ....

"KEEP A-GOIN’"

If you strike a thorn or rose,
Keep a-goin'!
If it hails or if it snows,
Keep a-goin'!
'Taint no use to sit an' whine
When the fish ain't on your line;
Bait your hook an' keep a-tryin'--
Keep a-goin'!

When the weather kills your crop,
Keep a-goin'!
Though 'tis work to reach the top,
Keep a-goin'!
S'pose you're out o' ev'ry dime,
Gittin' broke ain't any crime;
Tell the world you're feelin' prime--
Keep a-goin'!

When it looks like all is up,
Keep a-goin'!
Drain the sweetness from the cup,
Keep a-goin'!
See the wild birds on the wing, 
Hear the bells that sweetly ring,
When you feel like singin', sing--
Keep a-goin'!
 Author: by Frank L. Stanton (1857-1927)


No comments: