Monday, October 15, 2018

Small+Simple=Great!!




In the throes of retiring and aging at the same time plus personal desires of what you want to do with your time and your life, comes a lot of decision making.  Actually that is just what happens with all of us...all the time.  Whether a person is on an extended vacation or in my situation with a lot of luxuries...like no one bossing me around...freedom to get up when I want and even go to bed when I please.  To do or not to do...whatever...every day!  In this revamping stage of my life I decided I needed more discipline and not so many of just letting life happen...not a strict discipline, which would immediately bring total failure for my life.

Terry's health sometimes causes a restless/sleepless night for both of us. Much like any disruption of sleep, you desire to sleep in or catch up on those lost zzzzzzzzzz's.

Desiring to do more with my daily life, in the care and keeping of us, I decided to cash in a blessing coupon.  One of those acts of obedience brings blessing cards.  Even though I have the blessing of lolling about the entire day if I choose...I decided to forego that luxury and bypass that temptation and go for a different approach.  I remember hearing Elder Boyd K. Packer share that he had been taught by President Harold B. Lee, the power of doing this and receiving revelation and guidance in the early hours.

Image result for retire to thy bed early


My goal is no matter the night challenges....I will get up very early (very early for me.  now your concept of very early might make my very early seem like noontime!)

I was so exhausted during the day that I was sleepy.  Then I got the prompting that the one of my problems was actually the Melatonin that I was taking to go to sleep!  So I stopped that and regained feeling better during the day and that really helped me move ahead with my desired plan.

So a couple of weeks ago I started...One hour earlier than my average get up time with not much go in the giddy-up.  Then I upped it to 2 hours earlier and unbelievably to me...it's now 3 hours earlier!  Sounds impressive even to me but it's not like I'm up at midnight!!

No matter what time I get to bed...I force myself to get up when that timer dings!  The desire I had was for total silence and total time without one single solitary interruption...time to think and study and ponder and plan different elements in my life...write notes and letters (still working on that one!).  It has worked out wonderful!

A big test came Friday night when I went to a play and was out late and got to bed late...knowing that I had a Temple appointment early Saturday morning.  Even the thought of getting up that early made me more tired.  Right then I decided --on late nights from being gone not just because I chose to stay up late at home...I'd set the alarm for an extra hour of sleep. So I did that very thing but Wow!..I ended up pleased and surprised and happy next morning...I automatically woke up at my new time!  My body is adjusting and is starting to wake up early (for me) on it's own.  So thankful.

I enjoy every minute of this totally private time.  There is no traffic or people or the sound of cars being unlocked or anything.  It's all hushed and dark and still out there.  The world slumbers and I'm cocooned in the stillness.  Bliss. No pings/dings/rings.  Silence.

5a.m.  Heaven!  The stirrings of invigorations are felt!!

Image result for by small and simple things

********************************

Make hay while the sun shines!

************

The early bird gets the worm!

************

Early to bed.  Early to rise...
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise!

************
(I sang this in grade school. did you?)

Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the pleasant land.
Little deeds of kindness,
Little words of love,
Help to make earth happy
Like the heaven above.
****************
Zillah Sunrise- 
October 15th - 7:15a.m.
October 16th - 7:21a.m.  
*************
Thomas Jefferson....

"I Rise with the Sun"

The Alcove Bed in Jefferson's ChamberThe Alcove Bed in Jefferson's Chamber
A typical day for Jefferson started early, because, in his own words, "Whether I retire to bed early or late, I rise with the sun." He told of a fifty-year period in which the sun had never caught him in bed; he rose as soon as he could read the hands of the clock kept directly opposite his bed.

No comments: