Wednesday, October 24, 2018

She's back home!!!


Video of her at Finisterre  here

I for one cannot believe how she did those amazing videos.  She told me she would be in her bed for the night and do it then.  Hours she could have slept!  She made plans to take people along and she wanted to do that.  She also knew how she wanted to do the videos for sharing.  When I talked to her this morning, she said she'd not yet seen any of the videos.  She said she just did them and uploaded them and moved on to the next day.  I'm curious what she will think.  I told her I was glad she just did them and didn't critique etc.  they were totally real and honest and sincere.

Wow!  I'm glad she completed her goal.  She told me that no matter the age, in the 20's or 70's, that everyone comes expecting/hoping/planning to complete the entire Pilgrimage of their choice and there are lots that aren't able, for whatever reason or injury, to finish it.  She felt blessed to have completed it.  That would be so heartbreaking/frustrating to come so far and be so near and then have to stop.  I was glad she was able to power through her challenges and make to the very end.

She told me she bought me a gift and I wouldn't be able to guess what it was...a shell?  and she said....No.  there was a Patisserie at the airport and I got a box of the best Macarones for you!  I was surprised!  She called today and told me she had mailed them and has no idea what shape they will be in but they should still be fresh and it's an assortment.  She then broke the news to me that she wanted me to share them with her friend that lives here!  As if I would not share!!  True, I ate a previous intended gift but that was ages ago so I will make amends and share whatever arrives and however it looks...we will enjoy it!!

I've talked to her several times and it is so great to hear her sweet voice!  Love this girl!

*************************

She hadn't slept for hours and hours but here she is at midnight, Florida airport.  Almost home!  That is her Scott!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor

No comments: