Monday, October 1, 2018

promises of Gen. conf

We are both so excited about the upcoming General Conference.  The emotions around here are soaring with anticipation.  One friend of mine said it was time for my semi-annual "holiday"!  That is true!  I find myself giddy and my mind whirling and wondering what inspired revelation will be shared.  I keep trying to get myself calmed down.  My mind is jumping like water spattered on a hot skillet!

Being Co-D (and trying not to be that!) I want to share every solitary feeling about every scripture and talk I've read about the value of General Conference.  Surely I know that you have your own excitement level!  Of course you are aware of the same things as I am and yet...this drive to share and tell and relate and repeat just reveal that I'm gobsmacked before the event even happens!!!

You know that I keep making reference to having a hard time trying to adjust and figure out how to manage my life.  Last week, 1:30am, I sat sobbing in my chair and feeling I could not wake my friend up and I felt alone and needed to talk to someone and there was no one available.  And then...the Spirit let me know...I'm here. Talk to me.  Pray. And so I did.  Seeking answers...how can I manage my life and not feel overwhelmed and really feel the Spirit and etc. etc.  Peace came and yes, so did the answer.  Increase your Gospel Study. I have.  It is working!  Also I understand how to better cope.  I can't verbalize those feelings yet but yesterday when I shared my testimony at Church, I shared... I am happy.  I should have said...I am joyous.  That is my current state of mind.  I will enjoy every single second of this feeling with such gratitude.  Gilead's Balm usually ends up needing to be re-applied!

For now...do yourself a huge Conference-Prep favor and watch/read -Finding Safety in Counsel - Elder Eyring here

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are most certainly right, Nancy; I've learned for myself that the biggest benefit from studying scriptures every morning is that I find peace. I read recently that the feeling of peace cannot be mimicked by Satan. It seems like a simple recipe, Scripture Study + Daily = Peace
: )
L

Nancy Seljestad said...

Yes. I totally agree with what you said. I learned something new through this experience I had...I've read daily for years but through this I learned that what I was doing was not enough! Even though I'd upped/increased what I was doing, a few weeks ago...still it was not enough. I needed more!

Thanks, Linda!!! xoxox