Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Living our life...

My favorite quote from Saints is found in the preface.  We are just getting started with our listening to the book.  The quote?  Every scene, character, and line of dialogue is founded in historical sources, which are cited at the end of the book.

The back of the book is filled with 71 pages of sources cited.  I love the word every.  Every line of dialogue!  Wow!

I also appreciated and enjoyed hearing the First Presidencies hope, for us that read it...We pray that this volume will enlarge your understanding of the past, strengthen your faith, and help you make and keep the covenants that lead to exaltation and eternal life.


*************

Our daughter continues her trek on the Camino Santiago.  She expresses her love of a bed with clean sheets being so wonderful.  Sleep is so important and our beds are important and so are the sheets.  In my book they are important.  All of this to tell you ...I got some new sheets.  I've been looking for the perfect sheets for years and I think I may have found them!!  One night of sleeping on them is probably not a fair test but it was bliss!  The fine print on the enclosed packing label says they are Super Soft Hotel Bedding.  They are definitely super soft!!  I ordered them from Cosy House Collection. Just in case you want to take a peek at them.  Maybe you are searching for the impossible dream also!!
***********************

All of these exciting changes--There is so much information to dig into that I'm like a kid in a candy store with free reign!!!!  On second thought it's actually more substantial like the best food ever prepared and I'm invited to the free feast.

Transition/segue to TV dinners!  Now that's a leap of faith.  

Yesterday I was talking to a friend about cooking and we both admitted that we don't enjoy or like to cook dinners anymore!!  (Hopefully we can keep our Temple recommends because of our non-Churchy behavior!)  Both of our hubbies no longer like what we've always cooked for what seems a million years.  

She and I are alike that we could eat homemade soup every day but not our guys.  Her solution...she found that her hubby likes a chicken on a stick and the potato that goes with it and a fountain pop from a nearby gas station.  So that is her cooking for him.  My new found cooking to keep my sweet guy happy?....TV dinners!  Amazing!  I've not eaten a TV dinner in ages but they no longer taste like cardboard.  So far I've tried two kinds...Hungry Man and Marie Callendar.  

I feel good that he likes them and I can add a bowl of salad greens and an apple and guilt and concern are off my back.  Maybe it's the 80th birthday coming up?  It's definitely related to aging as my friend and I both agreed on that fact...so it's for sure.  Taste buds must change or something weird but both fellows had the same response to old tried and true and cooked forever dishes...this doesn't taste like it used to.  

This now frees me to cook those things that he does still enjoy but not have to be wracking my little brain as to what to do on a daily basis.  Just file this thought away for your own future problem solving, of the feeding and care, of the old longtime friend that you happened to be married to!


No comments: