Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Kiddos are awesome!!

How on earth does it happen that children end up so kind, thoughtful and wonderful???...so good to their parents??  I think with daughters they have an inborn sense, of needed deeds to be done to help out, when parents need a boost of sorts.  But sons?...I think it is a special breed of boys that have that sense of inner radar that kicks into homing pigeon mode.

You know our oldest son lives nearby and it's hard on him at times because of his own health problems, that don't allow him to do things that he'd like to do, but he is wonderful to us!

You know our daughter flew in from Florida and flew into sort mode in the garage!  She was a hurricane!!  Tossing and throwing things at breakneck speed.  Moving and rearranging garage shelves with Edward Scissorhand speed!
*******************************

You don't know that friends took us on as a FHE project and did wonders to the yard by bringing their entire family to work.  The wife, that likes things tied up with a bow at completion, was a bit frustrated that she didn't get things all done as she wanted.  What a blessing they were to us!

3 of the 9 angels that showed up.  note chips by tree!!!
the parents want the children to learn to work hard and serve. 
These are the only two pictures that turned out!!!
***********************

And now our precious son and grandson, drove through the night from UT , he took off work!, to come help the parents!  I told him we'd see  him in July at McCall but he balked and let me know-- you have to act on what you feel and he was coming!  And so he did!

He arrived hurting (maybe from pausing at a rest stop and sleeping for a few hours in the not most comfy position?) in need of a chiropractor and all were closed.  So here he is in pain just working away!  He was concerned that the garage floor was a tripping hazard for his Dad so he attacked piles of stuff.

We were gone for 2 hours and when we came home the pickup was brimming over with trash! I didn't dare look at what he deemed trash nor did his Father!  I'd shown him what Jeanee and I had done to shelves and explained I knew what it was...I wanted it...it was fine as placed etc. etc.  He was respectful about that.  as far as the stuff at the far end of garage, where his Dad keeps tools etc.... now that was a different story.

He was respectful but honestly...I have no idea what was in that truck bed!!  I figured there was nothing of any value to me in that end of the garage so toss away!  The only thing Hubby protested was the rolled up, thrown away carpet remnant that Son said was a tripping factor and the Father insisted it not be thrown away.  Son took it out of truck and I'm not sure where he placed it but it's here, not thrown away BUT not on the floor!  But it is here!!

Then he worked in the back yard, sore back and all!!

Sammy is learning to work and I really enjoyed how Dave kept him pretty much on task.  In the fast paced world of glitz and instant gratification and boredom that seems to be a common lament, Sam surprised me by enjoying being with us and doing quiet things...coloring with ink pens in a neat book his Uncle Kip gave him...playing Aggravation....playing 5 Crowns...hardly any TV time except watching some science program with his Grampa.

The power of family mealtime continues to impress me!  There is something magical about cozying up around a table with food that tastes good, eating together and then talking and visiting.  I was talking to our daughter this morning and we both feel the same way about how diverse our family is and how much joy there is when we are together and how we love to laugh and talk and we have some real humorists in our bunch.  It was wonderful for Sam, at 13, see his Dad and Uncle interact and enjoy it.

My heart was just filled with love for my children that are so amazing and on many counts so unalike and yet united, by the fact that this unique mix of people, makes up our very own family.

Kip and David are 13 years apart.  When David was a baby and I'd go check on him, before I went to bed, many times he would be missing.  He was always safe and sound though.  Asleep.... all snuggled up in his older brothers arms.

I also had a chance to talk to David about visiting with Vickie and Carol Ann.  I still couldn't explain the feelings I had and how deep they were.... about him meant to be with us.  He was very sensible and said...Oh, Mom!  I know that!  I was meant to be with you but you couldn't have more kids so I had to come a different route!

You know, of course, that I'm the one that struggles with this and I still am overwhelmed with the feelings I have and yet can't explain the comfort I feel.  More on that sort of thing later.

Anyhoooo...it was a marvelous whirlwind time that we enjoyed every minute, marveled at this kind gentle boy that is such a social person.  Such a lover of people.  Such a loving, kind, generous son!!

(and now!  surprise!  our 2nd son called and he is coming to see us!!  I wonder if 1st son sent out some smoke signal to his siblings???)

Pictures???  I tried to get some!
The tale of the ancient toolbox!!





tales of work and his tool box
I was spraying Sammy!!  summer fun!
love these two!!!!


my favorite picture!!!
got him!!
good-byes!!!

Uncle Kip and Sam
love these sons--#1 and #3 out of 4!!


No comments: