Friday, June 19, 2015

Busy times...

Actually I have so much I want to write about and instead I'm trying to....

1) get things ready for Greg by moving tables/stuff out of back bedroom....we are so excited he is coming!!!

and 2) then arranging 5 condo rentals at McCall for our last week July Family reunion...getting exact dates on the comings and goings and credit card numbers etc.  So glad we got our usual accommodations!!!

and 3) looking forward  to brunch with Glen White and his son Brent, a recent high-school graduate. Taking them to one of his old high school stomping grounds for food--Dad's/A&W.  Glen has been in our life since he was 9 years old!  I have a couple of mementos for him that he will get a kick out of.  I'll take a picture and show you.  (Glen's parents are Darrel and Linda White.  longtime friends and Zillah's first Bishop)

and 4) encouraging a friend with a heavy burden to embrace the Atonement for some relief from her suffering.  when life crashes in on us, as friends we can encourage and love, but the only real balm is what the Savior offers...His Atonement and it's healing/relieving power for all pain.  Sweet relief available...for the asking!

and 5) figuring out when to have our Christmas in July and Beach day at McCall and make sure all will be there and talk about menu and etc. etc. etc.

and 6) wishing I hadn't cancelled a luncheon date with a friend but there just wasn't time!!!

and 7)  Thank you for reading my blog.  I so enjoy talking with you and sharing my feelings and thoughts.  I appreciate you.  Most likely I'll be flying beneath the radar, as Greg will be here for a week, and either post sporadically or just a meme.

PS-  David!  He didn't want his Dad to trip.  He wanted to nail the corners of the area rug down and we laughed and said...No Way!!  His parting gift to us?-- discovered after he had left...yesiree!  He nailed the area rug corners to the carpet!!!  Also today his Dad was on a hunt for the carpet remnant that Dave didn't take to the dump, & did take it out of the truck but where did he hide it???? 

(also...Thursday was the day that the Presidency and Apostles have their Thursday meeting and I thought maybe they would announce who the new Apostle is real soon.  I'm a nut about this sort of stuff.  it's so exciting to me to see the Church in action.)


No comments: