Monday, June 22, 2015

A different type Father's Day!

What a rough few days for Terry suffering the pain of neuralgia!!  Exhausting to go through and exhausting to see happening.  Pain so bad and so consistent (it would not let up!!) that we ended up in emergency room Saturday night.  We finally got settled down and actually sleeping around midnight!  The knock-out shot they gave him took effect, before the pain stopped, but eventually it all leveled out.

Had to find a place to fill two Rx on Sunday morning.  What a Fathers Day!!  He was in bed, Kipper alerted, and I headed out to Wal-Mart in Sunnyside.  Drove by the Church, full parking lot, and wished Terry and I were inside!  I headed over during Sacrament time and got back during YW time with the meds.  We were both exhausted so fell asleep and will hopefully get a full nights sleep and the new Rx will work!!!  I hope so!!!

It was so strange to be sitting in Wall-Mart for a lengthy time on a Sunday morning.  Watching all the families relaxed and laughing and visiting and shopping.  I was missing Terry and I being in our Church building and hearing the talks and seeing so many familiar faces.  People that we enjoy being around and love.

It did not feel like Fathers Day at all!!!  Our children all contacted their sweet Dad but the planned meal and celebrating with Kip did not happen!  I guess the best thing was the fact that Terry wasn't hurting and we both took long naps!!  It was a happy day for the Father of the family after all!

I did see a Church Service...The Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church.  They had it live streaming this morning.  The authorities let them open the building for their Sunday service.  I really admire those folks for making the decision that they wanted no part of riots, protests, destruction of their town, brutality, retaliation or any of that sort of thing.  The Mayor of Charleston and the Governor of South Carolina were articulate, compassionate and firm in maintaining the dignity of their area.  I was so impressed.  I felt they were very Christian in their behavior.  Remember those Amish folks a few years ago, that had a similar incident of violence and killings?...these people reminded me of them.

The service was very interesting to watch.  I was glad they were Christians that loved and believed and worshiped Jesus Christ in a sincere manner.  I'm sure it was a very familiar service to them and comforting.  For me personally it was not soul-satisfying on that level of comfort or consolation but I'm sure it was to them.

The part that did make me think about all of us being children of God was the fact the minister/preacher/reverend referenced the King James Bible with a favorite Psalm of mine...46.  And he also mentioned the chorus line from Hymn 115...Come Ye Disconsolate  "Earth has no sorrow, that heav'n cannot heal".  Wondering if that old hymn is in their hymn book?

Anyhow it was interesting to watch and it was also strengthening to see them carry on with their comfort being provided, by their unity of worship, in their old building.  What a beautiful building it is.  Sort of reminded me of the Assembly Hall on Temple Square, with it's u-shaped wraparound balcony and all of the beautiful work by craftsmen, from long ago.

My heart has been so touched in wanting to comfort them so I'm writing a letter and enclosing a little something.  No money.  Maybe there is someone that would like it.  Maybe the person that opens the letter would enjoy it.  I feel they love their religion and the Savior and they live it.  Just as we do with our own cherished faith of the Restoration.

my tiny gift

in case you want to send a card also.  here is address.

No comments: