Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Almost here!!....

Truth be told-- I'm just giddy that General Conference is almost here.  Do you have your question/questions that you need an answer for???  Write it down.  Listen for it and it will come.  It might be the exact words spoken.  It might be the Holy Ghost speaking to you while someone says other words.  BUT....one way or the other...whatever the specifics...you will know and it will be wonderful.

What a blessing my hubby is to me.  He's a Conference addict also so we have no squabbling over watching everything at the Conference plus we even look at the things featured in between!!  Yes...we are on fire for Conference.

LOVE IT!!  I believe what they say!

***********************************

I've been studying and shame on me for not taking time to jot down who said it or where I read it or the likes.  Not nice to do that...just throwing thoughts out there.  Then it makes me wonder is it because I heard something...did it make me think of things this way?  I'll just share the two things that have really stuck in my mind.

#1  the word nowhere.  it's like going no where.  and yet you can look at it and realize, if you keep trying to overcome/conquer whatever, you will go from being nowhere and can say...I am now here.  For some reason this has just stayed with me.  Sort of like only changing one letter separates Bitter from Better and I am the i.  I have the power to change the complete word by how I handle things.

Perhaps I'm thinking to much?  I enjoy pondering.  Is that the same as thinking?  Whatever...it is how I am.

#2  now this one, I know it was in a Church talk.  not really featured but just a sentence.  Might have been an old BYU devotional talk as I was in their archives today.  The speaker mentioned when Joseph Smith went into the grove of trees to pray, he had a specific question...what Church should he join?  The point being he was prepared for action.  he was going to join whatever Church came to him in answer to that prayer.  he wasn't going to consider if he should join.  He was going to join. 

I thought about how many times... do I pray for answers/guidance/understanding and then mull it over afterwards, when I have already been given the answer, and opt out of action?  how many times do I pray as to who I might help and how or what good deed can I do to alleviate someones suffering...and then end up procrastinating and let the opportunity fade away?  I won't embarrass myself by answering. 

so there you go.  a tour inside my brain that loves to ponder and consider ideas and is brainy enough to know- I need to make my life better and other lives better, by doing as prompted in answer to prayer.

******************************
General Conference!!!!

No comments: