Wednesday, March 4, 2015

dreaming...

I bought the book  
21 Principles-Divine Truths to Help You Live by the Spirit 
 by Elder Richard G. Scott.

Over the years I've learned so much from his words and I looked forward to reading the book.  I have not been disappointed in the least!  I've always thought I knew what a dream was.  I mean dreams that are revelatory/instructive on a spiritual level.  I remember two very distinct dreams concerning callings in the Church.  One was a dream of a calling that would happen (it did 5 months later) and the other was how to do a particular calling that I was already in.  

A dream...seeing it like a movie.  A dream of being awakened, by specific detailed voice instructions, out of a sound sleep, as to how to handle a current calling or what calling was in the future and how to do it.  Those are the types of dreams, that are familiar to all of us.  At least I'm assuming so.

Elder Scott gave me new perspective on a different type of dreaming.  I'd never heard this before. I think it's powerful and enlightening.....

Principle 16
One of the most memorable and powerful patterns of communication by the Spirit is through dreams.  I have learned that when the transition from being fully asleep to being fully awake is almost imperceptible, it is a signal that the Lord has taught something very important through a dream.
********************************

No comments: