Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Generosity with words...

Sometimes I spend time shuffling my thoughts as if they were puzzle pieces.  Turning and examining various ideas on various things on how I feel and how it fits into my life.  That is what I've been doing.

I started a couple of days ago to write about Church service and it's many benefits and morphed into talking about loving those you serve in those callings which right now focuses on my Laurel class.  I realized I came to the conclusion, years ago, that unconditional love is the entire focus of the Saviors ministry...the basis of all His service/miracles/parables and His very life.  and....as a believer/follower I need to learn/do the same.  So I realized that love wasn't really the subject, nor an awakening to me, to know that it is a necessary attribute to strive to acquire/develop.  beyond necessary....it is essential.

What I started to explain, and got off track, what was coming with a sense of amazement to me, is the service we render through our callings, eventually impacts us with great memories but even more startling is to realize those callings, while we might not realize it at the time, will bless those we serve and it will come to their mind, years and years later.  The importance of callings really impacted me as I received notes from girls, now adult women, sharing their love and appreciation for something that happened a life time ago.  Something as simple as a weekly class. 

 My life has been so blessed in the last several weeks by generous thoughts that have arrived in my life in cards/letters/emails.  So appreciated and came right at the time I needed to hear those sentiments.   

No comments: