Saturday, March 28, 2015

missing my friend...

One year ago today I picked my friend, Myra Faye, up and we went to the General Women's Conference in Toppenish.  She was dealing with recently diagnosed brain cancer.  It had really effected her memory.  She said she needed to be near the rest room as her Rx seem to run right through her.  I told her we'd sit in the back on the right hand side and she could just quickly step out into the hall and the bathroom was so close.  She said she couldn't remember where the bathroom was and didn't understand where I planned to have us sit.  I told her that I'd take her if needs be.

We enjoyed the Conference and headed home.  We sat and visited for a long while.  Planned some things for the next week.  She even mentioned we could run over for beans/rice at our favorite restaurant right then.  We didn't go.  A year later and I wish we had.

That outing was the last she went on.

All of our plans quickly plummeted as she died 4 weeks later.

I really miss my friend.  Today I sat there and enjoyed this years General Woman's Conference and thought again...live life to it's fullest and love and appreciate your friends.  and...have no regrets!  Except for wishing we'd gone to eat for one last time that night I have no regrets.  We had planned to go the next week.


No comments: